Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with the Homelink button on their Passport, that is under the rear view mirror, and can be used to open the garage door?
Mine only works if I'm right up against the door, and then I have to also be pointing straight at it for the most part. On all my other cars the door opens the second I pull into my driveway. One of the members on here suggested I reset the button and re-program it, but I have already done that and I still have the same problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
another thought...could there be something blocking the transmitter on your opener in the garage? Something on the walls or even material IN the walls?

Reactions: RealtorA

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine seems to want the PP to be a little closer and to be more directly in line with the door, than our other cars but will open as soon as I turn into the driveway.Some have spliced an extension wire on the opener antenna. Do you have LED lights in the opener? I know it sounds farfetched, but some opener manufacturers and garage door installers stayed that certain frequencies from LED bulbs can interfere with the signal from the remote. I have LEDs in both of my openers and have no problems though.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
243 Posts
Back when my garage was for parking cars in instead of a self-storage unit, I used to use the buttons in my Chevy Equinox to open my garage door. It worked from down the street when I approached my house from one direction, but wouldn't work until I turned into the driveway when I approached from the other direction. I never figured out why.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have 3 of my 4 garage doors programmed into my ‘19. They work at the same distance that my other autos work.

Reactions: RealtorA

·
Registered
104 Posts
...On all my other cars the door opens the second I pull into my driveway...
Then it's not an opener or garage LED light or interference problem IMO, it is with your Passport. Maybe something as simple as the Homelink unit's antenna is disconnected or something--that is what I would research, or just have the dealer look at it.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
243 Posts
Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror or is there anything between the mirror and the glass like a toll tag?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine seems to want the PP to be a little closer and to be more directly in line with the door, than our other cars but will open as soon as I turn into the driveway.Some have spliced an extension wire on the opener antenna. Do you have LED lights in the opener? I know it sounds farfetched, but some opener manufacturers and garage door installers stayed that certain frequencies from LED bulbs can interfere with the signal from the remote. I have LEDs in both of my openers and have no problems though.
No I don't have LED lights. It's a pretty old opener but it works fine with my other car. Thank You for the input though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then it's not an opener or garage LED light or interference problem IMO, it is with your Passport. Maybe something as simple as the Homelink unit's antenna is disconnected or something--that is what I would research, or just have the dealer look at it.
Thank You I will go back to the dealer and suggest this to them and see if it helps. I appreciate your advice.
Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror or is there anything between the mirror and the glass like a toll tag?
I do have something hanging but it sits lower then the right behind the mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do have something hanging from my mirror but it hangs lower then the mirror itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue with mine... I have a older garage door opener. I don't have the problem with 3 other Hondas I have...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with the Homelink button on their Passport, that is under the rear view mirror, and can be used to open the garage door?
Mine only works if I'm right up against the door, and then I have to also be pointing straight at it for the most part. On all my other cars the door opens the second I pull into my driveway. One of the members on here suggested I reset the button and re-program it, but I have already done that and I still have the same problem.
exact same with my 2019.... other hondas work fine....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts