Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In cold weather (30-40 degrees).. one of the struts on power gate is making noise when opening/closing...

Is this something I can lubricate myself or trip to a dealer for warranty ?

Anyone knows ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where is the noise coming from with the strut? If it is at either end then you could probably use a good white lube to grease the mounting point. If it is the strut itself I would take it to the dealer and have it replaced. If you mess with the strut itself and happen to remedy the issue, sure as the suns gonna rise tomorrow, it will start to squeak the day after the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure ... I think more strut ... you probably right about short term remedy .. I'll make app after thanksgiving and let them deal with it ..

·
Registered
495 Posts
In cold weather (30-40 degrees).. one of the struts on power gate is making noise when opening/closing...

Is this something I can lubricate myself or trip to a dealer for warranty ?

Anyone knows ?
I had initially lubricated the hinges and pivots on the struts with WD-40 and white lithium grease. Neither fixed the problem.

Subsequently, I lubricated the the inner cylinder sleeve of the strut. This solved my noise problem from the struts. First, clean the struts with a damp cloth. Be sure to use a silicone based or rubber-safe lubricate to prevent damage or swelling to the seals in the struts. Wipe a very light coat of lubricate on the inner cylinder sleeve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts