Honda Passport Forum banner

Post your Aftermarket Wheel/Tire Info (and Pics)

226K views 277 replies 89 participants last post by  JLH 
#1 ·
FOR RIMS: Things like the Brand, the Model, Rim Colors, Diameter, Width, and prices paid

FOR TIRES: Brand, Model, color (just joking) Sizes and prices paid

It would help a lot of us out who are on the fence about swapping out the stock rims...

#154 ·
#163 · (Edited)

Wheel and tires came as a package with lift kit and side steps, via my original purchase and finance through my dealer. $3,200 + $1,200 labor.
To get these wheels and tires, order as a package from JSport, or purchase separately online such as Tirerack.com and/or Discounttire.com. Do not rush your decision and get outside advice if you aren't sure. 🧐

Wheel:
KM708 Bully by KMC
KM70888052738
Satin Black
18"dia x 8" wide
5x120 Bolt Pattern
38mm Offset

Tire:
255/60/R18
Nitto Terra Grappler

For those on the fence know this:
There is a lot of good info scattered around this site and Youtube. Get good at sleuthing. As for my setup, I love the way it rides on pavement and over bumps, and am pleased with the lack of road noise. I have 8" of ground clearance to the front control arms and almost 9" to the rear and that seems adequate for forest service roads. Will update after my first adventure.

For those in the midst of their research - I purchased this setup before I understood how to accommodate a larger Nitto Grappler, such as 265/60/R18 which I was told rubbed. But depending on the tire brand, the actual tire dimensions when mounted and fully loaded can vary. There have been owners going with a larger spec'd diameter and don't hear rubbing - but if their tire actually measures 265 mm width and 60% sidewall ratio as spec'd, it should rub at least at full lock.
I am okay not taking that risk and going with the 30" Nitto, which has a reputation for tires measuring true to size.

Assuming your wheel Offset dim is close to or less than OEM 55mm:
I don't believe that 265/60/R18 by BF Goodrich or Cooper will rub.
The 265/60/R18 Falken Wildpeak does rub at full lock.
The 265/60/R18 Nitto Grapplers will rub during any turning. (someone can verify this...)
JonDZ has commented on his Youtube tire height video that he has 99.9% certainty that a 255/65/R18 won't rub (Falken or Goodyear). Would love to see someone mount these and confirm. Your reward will be a 31" tire!🙌😛

OK, that's it.😅

Attachments

#165 ·
View attachment 7108 View attachment 7107
Wheel and tires came as a package with lift kit and side steps, via my original purchase and finance through my dealer. $3,200 + $1,200 labor.
To get these wheels and tires, order as a package from JSport, or purchase separately online such as Tirerack.com and/or Discounttire.com. Do not rush your decision and get outside advice if you aren't sure. 🧐

Wheel:
KM708 Bully by KMC
KM70888052738
Satin Black
18"dia x 8" wide
5x120 Bolt Pattern
38mm Offset

Tire:
255/60/R18
Nitto Terra Grappler

For those on the fence know this:
There is a lot of good info scattered around this site and Youtube. Get good at sleuthing. As for my setup, I love the way it rides on pavement and over bumps, and am pleased with the lack of road noise. I have 8" of ground clearance to the front control arms and almost 9" to the rear and that seems adequate for forest service roads. Will update after my first adventure.

For those in the midst of their research - I purchased this setup before I understood how to accommodate a larger Nitto Grappler, such as 265/60/R18 which I was told rubbed. But depending on the tire brand, the actual tire dimensions when mounted and fully loaded can vary. There have been owners going with a larger spec'd diameter and don't hear rubbing - but if their tire actually measures 265 mm width and 60% sidewall ratio as spec'd, it should rub at least at full lock.
I am okay not taking that risk and going with the 30" Nitto, which has a reputation for tires measuring true to size.

Assuming your wheel Offset dim is close to or less than OEM 34mm:
I don't believe that 265/60/R18 by BF Goodrich or Cooper will rub.
The 265/60/R18 Falken Wildpeak does rub at full lock.
The 265/60/R18 Nitto Grapplers will rub during any turning. (someone can verify this...)
JonDZ has commented on his Youtube tire height video that he has 99.9% certainty that a 255/65/R18 won't rub (Falken or Goodyear). Would love to see someone mount these and confirm. Your reward will be a 31" tire!🙌😛

OK, that's it.😅
Looks great! Love the wheels! 255 does fill in a bit better. Thanks for sharing.

#164 ·
Looks great pnw, and some great info there...!

Reactions: pnw_adventure
#169 ·
What is everyone ordering for TPMS? Not really interested in paying to get the old tires dismounted and TPMS off being it seems like replacements can be had from Honda for under $100 (saw the post for the part #s). But I'm not against getting an aftermarket brand I can have shipped here faster.

#175 ·
So I have decided to pick up a PP touring in October and after seeing this thread I am going for the aftermarket wheels and tires as soon as I pick it up. Now I have seen a lot of 18" and 20" wheels, but I have yet to see anyone go with 19" wheels. So after doing some research from reading this forum I thought I would put it out there to see if it would be an issue.
I have found the wheels that are 19 x 8.5 in the 5 x 120 bolt pattern with a 35 offset in black.
https://www.americastire.com/buy-wheels/xo-luxury-helsinki

And the tires I was looking at where the Continental Terrain Contact A/T 255/55 R19
https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/continental-terrain-contact-a-t/p/32278

There shouldn't be an issue with rubbing in this size and since it will be on pavement probably 95% of the time, I thought it would soften up the ride a little bit with a little bigger sidewall, but will still be ready to hit the trail if need be. I would love to hear your thoughts on this good or bad since I still have time to change my mind. Thank you in advance, Jay

#176 ·
So I have decided to pick up a PP touring in October and after seeing this thread I am going for the aftermarket wheels and tires as soon as I pick it up. Now I have seen a lot of 18" and 20" wheels, but I have yet to see anyone go with 19" wheels. So after doing some research from reading this forum I thought I would put it out there to see if it would be an issue.
Hello Jay and welcome, great idea buying the PP, great idea swapping out the OEM tires/wheels, great idea going with the Continental Terrain Contact A/T's!

I have found the wheels that are 19 x 8.5 in the 5 x 120 bolt pattern with a 35 offset in black.
https://www.americastire.com/buy-wheels/xo-luxury-helsinki
I followed the link, but only saw those wheels listed for a 114 bolt pattern, (not the 120 that is needed). You may want to look at the Tire Rack site for 19" wheels that fit the Passport, I recall investigating the 19" scenario as well, but did not find any wheels I liked. I just looked again and saw they have a big selection of 19" Wheels, many with an off set greater than 35mm and closer to the OEM size (which is 55mm if I recall correctly).

Also, several people here have gone (including myself) have gone with Black Rhino wheels, they only have 17", 18" and 20" wheels for the Passport, but they are VERY high quality wheels. Link: Truck Wheels, Truck Sport Custom Wheels, Truck Custom Wheels

There shouldn't be an issue with rubbing in this size and since it will be on pavement probably 95% of the time, I thought it would soften up the ride a little bit with a little bigger sidewall, but will still be ready to hit the trail if need be. I would love to hear your thoughts on this good or bad since I still have time to change my mind. Thank you in advance.
At 30" high, I reasonably sure there will not be any rubbing as well, but the problem I see, is that: If you are swapping out the OEM set up to get more sidewall (more tire/air space between the wheel and the road) going with 19" tires is not optimum, they are still pretty close to low profile tires and may not prevent the curb rash incidents that a 17" or 18" set up will provide.

Anyway, good luck and be sure to post you wheels here, whatever you end up with....!

Reactions: Gray_Beard
#178 ·
I have to agree with Steven a 100% on this one. 19" wheels are only providing you with an additional 1/2" of side wall and that still puts your wheels in that curb chewing territory and the same for off road. Black Rhinos are some of the best after market wheels to choose from. And can't say enough for the Continental Terrain Contact A/T, I have them in 265/60/r18 and love them.

Reactions: stevenD
#183 ·
Absolutely no rubbing with my Continental Terrain Contact A/T 265/60/r18. ;)
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

#186 ·
The Conti A/T's ride every bit as smooth as the OEM tires IMO...

Reactions: Gray_Beard
#187 · (Edited)
After a long wait because I was distracted by things, I finally got my tires on. She's super dirty so ignore that. :)

Wheels: 18inch Ridgeline OEMs that were flat black powder coated
Tires: 265/60/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s mounted with black lettering out. Other side is white.

Literally just put them on but so far, these feel no different than the OEM set up. Maybe some super slight road noise with windows down and my head out the window. But honestly cannot tell plus I have the roof basket so there's a little extra noise anyway. Haven't put any miles on the highway yet.

It's hard to tell but there's a decent amount of space in there so no rubbing at all. I'd say you could fit a flat head screw driver in between the gap and maybe wiggle it a touch in the rear. The front looks a little closer. But hard to capture on the camera. All in all, definitely would require a hard full lock and bump to trigger any rubbing.

I ultimately chose these tires after a long research session as they have that aggressive look to them I wanted but are more street oriented. Better manners on road but still can handle some light dirty duty. I was considering the Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires. But based on JonZ indicating they rub ever so slightly and not needing an aggressive off-road tire, I picked the Coopers.

I ordered these and TPMS sensors off Tire Rack. Had them shipped to my local Mr Tire. They charged me $80 total for all the work. Even were nice enough to wrap my old wheel/tires in bags when putting them in the back of my car. The two other more local shops wanted over $150 and that didn't even include TPMS install...price was right there on tire rack's website and full break down of fees/labor costs.

#189 ·
Yep. They are the same offset and hub as the Passport wheels. It's why I picked them; wanted an OEM+ look and not deal with hub centric or offset issues. Although I wouldn't mind these pushing out a little past the fender. MIGHT consider a spacer in the future.

Passport Elite is Wheel 20x8.5 ; Offset 55mm and Ridgeline wheels are Wheel 18x8 ; Offset 55mm

#197 ·
Just got these installed! Credit to stefprez for his earlier pics of same setup. Can't wait to get it out on the trail. Such a better look than the OEM wheels. Don't know why I waited a year to make the move

17" KMC wheels
255/65 R17 BFG KO2s

Attachments

#199 ·
Hey everyone! Just want to thank you all for posting your setups. It took a while but I finally decided on a set of wheels and tires. I went through Discount Tire Direct. I went with the 19” Petrol (a sub division of TSW) P6A with a 35 offset and a set of 255/55/19 Continental Terrain Contacts A/T. Hope you guys like em!! I wanted something I hadn’t seen on anyone else’s ride and I swear by TSW and their products.

#200 ·
Hey everyone! Just want to thank you all for posting your setups. It took a while but I finally decided on a set of wheels and tires. I went through Discount Tire Direct. I went with the 19” Petrol (a sub division of TSW) P6A with a 35 offset and a set of 255/55/19 Continental Terrain Contacts A/T. Hope you guys like em!! I wanted something I hadn’t seen on anyone else’s ride and I swear by TSW and their products.
Great looking set up, I went with the same tires, but in 18"! I don't recall anyone going with 19" wheels here (but I could be wrong), they fill up your PP wheel well nicely...!

Question, was there a reason you went with new TMPS valves? Many of us simply swapped our OEM ones...

Oh and WELCOME to the Forum, just saw this was your first post...!

Reactions: Ophbeet
#206 ·
Tires are Hankook Dynapro AT2
Size: 255/65/17
They are 1/2" taller and 1/2" wider than the stock 245/50/20" tires.
No rubbing at all.

Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive tire Auto part

I think these will be great all purpose tires. Reviews are quite impressive. They have a 60,000 mile warranty.
We just got them put on so I have no feedback at this time.
I will provide some honest feedback as soon as I put some miles on them.

Reactions: stevenD
#207 · (Edited)
I have posted some pics on a different thread, without the details. So here goes.

Wheels:
TSW Ascent
Matte Gunmetal W/Gloss Black Face
18” x 8.5”
5 x 120 Bolt Pattern
40mm Offset
Weight 31, Load Capacity 2000

Tires:
Continental Terrain Contact A/T
265/60/R18
Treadwear 680/60000 miles
Weight 39

Total weight around 8 lbs more than stock 20’s each

I feel that the ride is a lot more forgiving with maybe slightly slower handling from lower
profile sports car standard 20’s.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Alloy wheel
Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive tire Wheel

#209 ·
I think I finally found the wheels I’m going to order, but need requesting help.

I’m looking at a set of bronze Fuel Vectors 17” 5x120 with a 20mm offset, the question I have is will that offset fit ?

I’ll be putting a set of BFG All-Terrain T/A’s 245/65/17, any input would be appreciated

#210 ·
What color is your Passport and if you can post a photo of the wheels?
I think I found them on Google, but not certain. If the ones I found are them, I they’d look great on these colors.
  • Black Copper Pearl
  • Black Forest Pearl
  • Crystal Black Pearl
  • Deep Scarlet Pearl
And if you go to Tire Rack website, you can see if the wheels fit your vehicle specs and get a rendering on what they will look like on your Passport, but I don’t see that one listed - so they might not work or they don’t have them?

#213 ·
Drag DR-37 18x8.5 +40 fitted with Continental Viking Contact 7 245/60/18.
Really wanted the Enkei wheels Honda had on their Passport setup but this will have to do.
Those look great, both close to my Black Rhino Arches, I did not get black, I got the Gunmetal color:

Reactions: Saizou
#215 ·
After 38K on my 20 inch tires I finally got rid of those crap tires today. Purchased 255/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers with Liquid Metal Shadow wheels. Discount Tire put my pressures at 37/37/38/39 so not sure what they were recommending. Would like to know from anyone who uses these tires what your optimal tire pressures are so I can figure out what to use. I drive 80% pavement and 20% unpaved rutted roads

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.