Honda Passport Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
just put on Bridgestone 265 50 20. to replace Terrible Continental. 265 45 20 that came on PP

went to tacomaworld.com and they have a calculator to see what the speedo says and what is the real speed with new tires.

about .05 mph faster at 20 mph and almost 2 mph faster at 65 mph.

At 65 mph on speedo Im doing 67 mph

don’t
think I need to be worried about being pulled over by police for speeding. Or spending a lot of money to calibrate.
Hope this helps.
Do you have any pics, was wanting to get 18s but don't think I can wait long enough to save up for tires AND wheels, so likely keeping my stock Elite wheels and putting on a bigger, A/T tire. Was looking at the Geolander AT15s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am not a tire installer by a long shot...but seen many go on while waiting at America’s Tire.
Shouldn't you put the tire on the wheel, then balance it, then put it on your car? 🤔

Aside from that, those are a vast improvement over the OEM’s!
😂😂

Pretty much know these rims fit with a set of 265/60 or 65-18 tires... I was just making sure the rims fit on the studs and hub...
All good.
Next is the 2” lift and the tires..

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I am not a tire installer by a long shot...but seen many go on while waiting at America’s Tire.
Shouldn't you put the tire on the wheel, then balance it, then put it on your car? 🤔

Aside from that, those are a vast improvement over the OEM’s!

I think he plans to drive on Railroad tracks... lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mike, any rubbing issues with your larger tires? 265 50 20 is a bit larger than the stock. Not only it is an inch bigger in diameter, they are also quite a bit wider. I assume you kept the stock wheels? Any noticeable impact to fuel economy?

Thanks for sharing.

Hi,
just put on Bridgestone 265 50 20. to replace Terrible Continental. 265 45 20 that came on PP

went to tacomaworld.com and they have a calculator to see what the speedo says and what is the real speed with new tires.

about .05 mph faster at 20 mph and almost 2 mph faster at 65 mph.

At 65 mph on speedo Im doing 67 mph

don’t
think I need to be worried about being pulled over by police for speeding. Or spending a lot of money to calibrate.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mike, any rubbing issues with your larger tires? 265 50 20 is a bit larger than the stock. Not only it is an inch bigger in diameter, they are also quite a bit wider. I assume you kept the stock wheels? Any noticeable impact to fuel economy?

Thanks for sharing.
Hi,
no rubbing issues plenty of clearance. Other models come with 245 50 20 so only issue was with wider tires but no problem.

went to Calif and put on 2000 miles and didn’t notice any mileage drop except when using Calif gas.
loss 2 mpg but when I filled up back in AZ back up to 25 mpg.

I checked to see if speedo was off as I calculated at 70 mph I would be doing 72 but passed a lot of those radar signs in construction zone and they all matched my speedo.

I did keep the stock wheels one thing I found interesting when they took off the stock tires there is a piece of black material in the middle of the wheel. I think it has something to do with AWD system.

hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
yes it would, but with an aftermarket wheel with a 35mm offset, that tire would stick out beyond the fender quite a bit.
Anyone feel free to chime in on this, but if the standard wheel has 45mm of offset and an aftermarket wheel has 35mm, the difference is only 10mm and that is how much the tires will extend out beyond the wheel well. 3/8 of an inch, doesn't seem like a whole lot to me, if this calculation is correct(???)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just yesterday, I was measuring the edge of the rim to the outer side of the fender... it’s about 1.5”-1.75”.

I think at the rear you can for sure put on a wider tire...
Front:

Rear:

I did place an order for a set of 4 Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/60-18... but, if am able to get other set of wheels I‘ll try the 285’s 😉😉

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thanks Eric, great info, that was with standard tires/wheels, right.=?

I am also considering the Grappler2's in the 265/60-18 tires when I finally do the changeover...

·
Registered
30 Posts
^^
Yes, standard wheel and tires...

I was looking for a 285/55-18 tire in the hybrid’s, only 285/60-18 :(
I did find an 285/55-18 on a Michelin but, was a passenger touring tire...

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport
2 Posts
Ordering the same kit as well! According to Jsport, they found that 255/60R18 has no rub issues whatsoever with a 35mm offset 18" wheel.
I am grateful for all of the great info on this forum regarding wheel and tire sizes. I really want to go with the 255/60R18 tire that many of you are using, but the wheels I am looking at either have a 30mm offset or are 8.5" wide. Do you think either/or would be safe in regards to no rubbing issues?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Even if you used a 8.5" wheel with 30mm offset, I don't think you would have any rubbing issue.
But, you would have a positive scrub radius. Good? Bad? OK? I don't know. I have no experience with that aspect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
RIMS:
Brand: Vision
Diameter: 17"
Width: 7"
Offset: 55 mm (Same as OME)

TIRES:
Brand: BF Goodrigh
Model: All-Terrain T/A KO2
Size: 245/65 R17

Price:
$1,775.00 total, installed at Discount Tire

I mounted the tires with the raised white letters out for an old school look.
No issue with rub. No speed difference. A little more road noise but that is to be expected with a more aggressive tread pattern.

IMG_3238.jpg

Capture.PNG

61 - 80 of 91 Posts