Honda Passport Forum banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Thank you, I was just concerned because the actual width on the tire guide said it was 10.7 and I know you aren't supposed to go over 10.5. By the way, those look amazing!

Thanks, There is a guy at my work who drives a $100k Tesla and his wife has a big ole black Escalade that came up to me last week and complemented me on how the new tires and wheels completely changed the PP look, from a soccer-mom mini-van look to a rugged off-road machine...(lol)

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
287 Posts
Absolutely no rubbing with my Continental Terrain Contact A/T 265/60/r18. ;)
20200803_193006.jpg

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, There is a guy at my work who drives a $100k Tesla and his wife has a big ole black Escalade that came up to me last week and complemented me on how the new tires and wheels completely changed the PP look, from a soccer-mom mini-van look to a rugged off-road machine...(lol)

View attachment 7398
Love it, that is the same color I am looking for. Thank you again for your help.

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
The Conti A/T's ride every bit as smooth as the OEM tires IMO...

·
Registered
19 Posts
After a long wait because I was distracted by things, I finally got my tires on. She's super dirty so ignore that. :)

Wheels: 18inch Ridgeline OEMs that were flat black powder coated
Tires: 265/60/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s mounted with black lettering out. Other side is white.

Literally just put them on but so far, these feel no different than the OEM set up. Maybe some super slight road noise with windows down and my head out the window. But honestly cannot tell plus I have the roof basket so there's a little extra noise anyway. Haven't put any miles on the highway yet.

It's hard to tell but there's a decent amount of space in there so no rubbing at all. I'd say you could fit a flat head screw driver in between the gap and maybe wiggle it a touch in the rear. The front looks a little closer. But hard to capture on the camera. All in all, definitely would require a hard full lock and bump to trigger any rubbing.

I ultimately chose these tires after a long research session as they have that aggressive look to them I wanted but are more street oriented. Better manners on road but still can handle some light dirty duty. I was considering the Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires. But based on JonZ indicating they rub ever so slightly and not needing an aggressive off-road tire, I picked the Coopers.

I ordered these and TPMS sensors off Tire Rack. Had them shipped to my local Mr Tire. They charged me $80 total for all the work. Even were nice enough to wrap my old wheel/tires in bags when putting them in the back of my car. The two other more local shops wanted over $150 and that didn't even include TPMS install...price was right there on tire rack's website and full break down of fees/labor costs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the offset 55mm on those OEM wheels? They look great by the way!
Yep. They are the same offset and hub as the Passport wheels. It's why I picked them; wanted an OEM+ look and not deal with hub centric or offset issues. Although I wouldn't mind these pushing out a little past the fender. MIGHT consider a spacer in the future.

Passport Elite is Wheel 20x8.5 ; Offset 55mm and Ridgeline wheels are Wheel 18x8 ; Offset 55mm

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Yep. They are the same offset and hub as the Passport wheels. It's why I picked them; wanted an OEM+ look and not deal with hub centric or offset issues. Although I wouldn't mind these pushing out a little past the fender. MIGHT consider a spacer in the future.

Passport Elite is Wheel 20x8.5 ; Offset 55mm and Ridgeline wheels are Wheel 18x8 ; Offset 55mm
They look great, very rugged, when you hitting the dirt?

·
Registered
19 Posts
They look great, very rugged, when you hitting the dirt?
Soon hopefully. Just moved to a new area and going to hunt down some light off the beaten path roads to mess around on. Thinking hard about doing skid plates and lift then join some beginner runs at Rausch Creek in PA or Pine Barrens in NJ.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Just wanted to make sure that the offset still worked with that size tire with no rubbing, I just picked these up for $400.00 and wanted to make sure they didn't rub from your set up since they are also 18x8 with the 55mm offset. I believe they are off a 2018 pilot, but could be the ridgeline. Thank you for getting back to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just wanted to make sure that the offset still worked with that size tire with no rubbing, I just picked these up for $400.00 and wanted to make sure they didn't rub from your set up since they are also 18x8 with the 55mm offset. I believe they are off a 2018 pilot, but could be the ridgeline. Thank you for getting back to me.
Yep! Based on our FAQ my understanding is the Pilot and Ridgeline in particular share wheel specs so you should be good to go. Max tire will be 265/60 without cutting. Rubbing generally plays in depending on how aggressive the tread is.

Good video for info.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
287 Posts
Soon hopefully. Just moved to a new area and going to hunt down some light off the beaten path roads to mess around on. Thinking hard about doing skid plates and lift then join some beginner runs at Rausch Creek in PA or Pine Barrens in NJ.
Looks great, really like the looks of the Ridgelines with the duller finish. And the Coopers blend in really well with an not overly aggressive appearance!
Boy, can I tell you stories about running in the NJ Pine Barrens. Did as lot of 4 wheeling back in the mid 80's with a Nissan Hardbody pickup having 33" x 12.5 tires and a 2" lift. Definitely had a "scrub oak finish" from bumper to bumper after a few trail runs. Some of those trails were not very wide and it would sound like nails on a caulk board... gave the paint a nice satin look ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks great, really like the looks of the Ridgelines with the duller finish. And the Coopers blend in really well with an not overly aggressive appearance!
Boy, can I tell you stories about running in the NJ Pine Barrens. Did as lot of 4 wheeling back in the mid 80's with a Nissan Hardbody pickup having 33" x 12.5 tires and a 2" lift. Definitely had a "scrub oak finish" from bumper to bumper after a few trail runs. Some of those trails were not very wide and it would sound like nails on a caulk board... gave the paint a nice satin look ;)
Ha yea I hope to avoid anything major. Do some light dirt crawling/mud/snow basically. But I feel this itch coming on...

·
Registered
2019 Elite AWD Modern Steel Gray w/Black Interior
1 Posts
Just got these installed! Credit to stefprez for his earlier pics of same setup. Can't wait to get it out on the trail. Such a better look than the OEM wheels. Don't know why I waited a year to make the move

17" KMC wheels
255/65 R17 BFG KO2s

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just got these installed! Credit to stefprez for his earlier pics of same setup. Can't wait to get it out on the trail. Such a better look than the OEM wheels. Don't know why I waited a year to make the move

17" KMC wheels
255/65 R17 BFG KO2s
Looks awesome. I was scrolling through all these threads for 17" setups.

I am particularly interested in handling differences and ride / noise differences. Any observations welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! Just want to thank you all for posting your setups. It took a while but I finally decided on a set of wheels and tires. I went through Discount Tire Direct. I went with the 19” Petrol (a sub division of TSW) P6A with a 35 offset and a set of 255/55/19 Continental Terrain Contacts A/T. Hope you guys like em!! I wanted something I hadn’t seen on anyone else’s ride and I swear by TSW and their products.

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Hey everyone! Just want to thank you all for posting your setups. It took a while but I finally decided on a set of wheels and tires. I went through Discount Tire Direct. I went with the 19” Petrol (a sub division of TSW) P6A with a 35 offset and a set of 255/55/19 Continental Terrain Contacts A/T. Hope you guys like em!! I wanted something I hadn’t seen on anyone else’s ride and I swear by TSW and their products.
Great looking set up, I went with the same tires, but in 18"! I don't recall anyone going with 19" wheels here (but I could be wrong), they fill up your PP wheel well nicely...!

Question, was there a reason you went with new TMPS valves? Many of us simply swapped our OEM ones...

Oh and WELCOME to the Forum, just saw this was your first post...!

181 - 200 of 203 Posts