Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
621 Posts
Thanks for all the great feedback! I just ordered the Viair 88p and NOCO GB40 from the Home Depot.

·
Registered
5 Posts

This DeWalt is awesome. Works off their batteries, 12 volt or 120 volt. Comes accessories for inflating almost anything. I use it for my work truck and it takes 80 psi for the tires. It even has a work light. You set the pressure and hit the button, no need for a tire gauge, and it is accurate.
I have the same and agree. It’s well built and uses the Dewalt batteries of which I have plenty. Nice tool. Set it to desired pressure and auto shut off.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
621 Posts
The NOCO GB40 worked great to jump start my Dodge Ram, then stupid me turned the vehicle off by mistake, smh. I used the NOCO again and started with no problems. I wonder how many jump-starts the NOCO can handle on a singe charge?

Reactions: BigJosh

·
Registered
49 Posts
The NOCO GB40 worked great to jump start my Dodge Ram, then stupid me turned the vehicle off by mistake, smh. I used the NOCO again and started with no problems. I wonder how many jump-starts the NOCO can handle on a singe charge?
NOCO jump packs and their chargers are the shiznit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I woke up to a flat tire on my wife's Odyssey this weekend. With my bicycle pump and ~500 strokes, I put enough air in the tire to get it to the shop. Aside from now having forearms that Popeye would envy, I'd like to get a portable tire inflator and a battery jumper to keep on my Passport as we take a lot of road trips. For those of you who carry these two tools, what do you recommend? Are there any you would definitely avoid? Thanks for the input.
I have done well with a simple Harbor Freight digital inflator that is compatible with lead-acid, AGM, and RV battreies. No lithium option is available. One thing I have noticed is that if you have a portable power source, such as the Jackery, plugging into the 12 volt receptical on the power source will just "chirp" the inflater and it doesn't run. My assumption is that the wave form of the inverter is out of phase with the needs of the inflator. FWIW...

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have luck with whichever one Costco is selling at the time. The latest is by CAT for $99. I have had that one for several years. Has USB outlets as well as a 110Volt outlet. In fact, my neighbor borrowed last week to start his F150.

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD
36 Posts
Thanks to everyone who responded to my original question. FWIW, I bought a Viair 88P and added the Lumiteco quick release air chuck. I did a quick test on my 265/65-17 spare 4Runner tire and went from 15 to 30psi in about 2 minutes. Worked as expected. I also went with the Noco battery jumper, but no usage to report yet.
NOCO works great. Have a Boost Plus in each car, which over the last two years (before I bought my PP) were a 2005 Pilot and a 2006 Accord. I had failing batteries with both cars. The NOCO was quick and easy to use. It jumped the Pilot without any issue when it had 2 of 4 bars on the charge level. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
39 Posts
For my trucks/SUVs I have both Anker Roav 1000A and NOCO 1000A jumpers. Have a couple of smaller ones for my Wife's CRV and the Fit. I've jumped my own vehicles and rolled out to jump friends vehicles with them and been pleased. Better than having to lug around the big Xantrax unit I used to keep many years ago.

For tires I have an Viair 88P. You can get away with one of their smaller units for the stock tires.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts