Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I woke up to a flat tire on my wife's Odyssey this weekend. With my bicycle pump and ~500 strokes, I put enough air in the tire to get it to the shop. Aside from now having forearms that Popeye would envy, I'd like to get a portable tire inflator and a battery jumper to keep on my Passport as we take a lot of road trips. For those of you who carry these two tools, what do you recommend? Are there any you would definitely avoid? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Elite (Modern Steel Metallic, Black Interior)
150 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passport Sport / AWD / Lunar Silver
13 Posts
I have a Black + Decker tire inflator that can also handle air mattresses. The nice thing about it is that you can either plug it into the car's power or use a standard B+D 20V battery, which is great if you already have B+D tools. You can also set the tire pressure and it will stop once it reaches the number you set. I plan to start leaving it in the under-floor storage!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Viair is a good choice and one I am looking at for my Passport once the world gets back to some semblance of normal. Since I plan to do some off roading I am looking at getting one of the install models.

ARB also makes excellent air compressors but they are quite pricey.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,748 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
377 Posts

This DeWalt is awesome. Works off their batteries, 12 volt or 120 volt. Comes accessories for inflating almost anything. I use it for my work truck and it takes 80 psi for the tires. It even has a work light. You set the pressure and hit the button, no need for a tire gauge, and it is accurate.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
377 Posts

These type jump starters are great. Compact and powerful. I have this Harbor Freight one. You can usually get it on sale for $69 dollars. I even bought one for my sister who has no mechanical ability and she loves it. She is so proud that she jump started her own car and even helped her friends.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have a little Smitty Built compressor. Been using it for over 12 years. They aren't as fast or as high quality as some of the others, but cost much less. I've used it many times, Its never failed me.
I give it 5 stars.
Takes about 3 or 4 minutes to air up one of these tires from 15 lbs to 44 lbs.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Alloy wheel

I don't have a battery jumper. Can't help you out there.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,748 Posts
I have a little Smitty Built compressor. Been using it for over 12 years. They aren't as fast or as high quality as some of the others, but cost much less. I've used it many times, Its never failed me.
I give it 5 stars.
Takes about 3 or 4 minutes to air up one of these tires from 15 lbs to 44 lbs.
I don't have a battery jumper. Can't help you out there.
MJ!!! You better get to a car wash STAT!

Reactions: Moab Junky

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an Air Hawk ll and it works superb on the Passport 20” tires. The convenience of being able to keep it inside the Passport and store it in one of the rear storage compartments is the best solution for me. Although I have 2 larger compressors in my garage, the Air Hawk is portable, digital and works really well.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Is this what you have?

If so:
Will it fit in one of the cargo cubby’s below the cover?
And are you able to plug it into either of our 2 Passport outlets, and possibly with an extension cable?
No, it does not fit in any of the underfloor cubbies. It can be plugged into the 12v outlets. ...For jumpstarting Costco also sells a lithium ion jumpstart battery. Usually on sale for $59. We have one in all four cars. Actually only used it a couple of times to start a car with a dead battery. Worked great. Use it quite often to charge phones. For example, I took it with me to the hospital last week. Also use it on long flights.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite Modern Steel Metallic
18 Posts
I bought an Audew jump starter. 2000 amp version. It gets great reviews and I’ve used it 3 times on other vehicles with great results. It goes on sale often for around $85. Check it out on YouTube.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
511 Posts
I carry both of these in my under floor storage. Also have a Hulkman in my wife's CRV. BTW, both reviewed on JonDZ's youtube vids.

Viair 88P

Hulkman Alpha 85

Reactions: XBOX

·
Registered
2019 Elite B.F,2020 Ridgeline
206 Posts
Wife bought me the compressor and tire kit. It’s prob not what I would have bought but it actually works fine. Aired a flat up for my daughter in law this morning and it worked great, was pretty quiet, didn’t get hot or jump around with vibration.
The Tacklife jumpers I got for myself and my two sons for Christmas .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to everyone who responded to my original question. FWIW, I bought a Viair 88P and added the Lumiteco quick release air chuck. I did a quick test on my 265/65-17 spare 4Runner tire and went from 15 to 30psi in about 2 minutes. Worked as expected. I also went with the Noco battery jumper, but no usage to report yet.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

1 - 20 of 28 Posts