Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Do tell more about the "plastic dip" as I've not heard of it. I think you made your badges black? I like the look. Was it hard to take them off and put them back on safely?

·
Registered
2019 Passport Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do tell more about the "plastic dip" as I've not heard of it. I think you made your badges black? I like the look. Was it hard to take them off and put them back on safely?
Did not take them off...you can just tape around them then use the Dip. It peels off of the paint rather well. No mess. Then use a toothpick to remove the plasti dip from inside and around the letters.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,109 Posts
Ok then what is "the Dip"? not familiar with that product.

Search for a YouTube video, saw one a week ago and it showed how easy it is the apply.

And you can use whatever color (that the make) you like, not just black...!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,539 Posts
Ok then what is "the Dip"? not familiar with that product.
watch a few videos for tips and how to’s, plan to have a solid 3-4 hours to add 4-5 coats.
and it can be purchased at Home Depot and Lowe’s type stores.

Reactions: Cilles

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
Isn't Plasti Dip what some people were using to "paint" their brake calipers red?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,539 Posts
Isn't Plasti Dip what some people were using to "paint" their brake calipers red?
Yes, if you want it to peel and look like 💩
Plastidip is not meant for calipers.
It will start to peel of the emblems a bit after the car wash and possible weather where you live.

This is what they used to paint my calipers, it withstands the heat and road abrasions.
And if you are going to paint your calipers, make sure you remove them and allow several days.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
344 Posts
Love the flag! Was that made for you or can you purchase ready made?

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
344 Posts
Got it on Amazon...Just had to cut it to fit.
Thanks! I'll check them out. Love the black on white, thought about it for a hot minute then decided to just go naked and rebadge.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
344 Posts

·
Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
161 Posts
Folks I deleted multiple posts in this thread because they were based on political sentiment and political conversation which is forbidden on this website. Please be charitable to one another, thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts