Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I prefer the overlander vehicles look so the first thing to go will be those stupid 20” rims and replaced with a set of 18” Black Rhino Arches in bronze finish with a set of BFG All-Terrain T/A, bronze wheels on white vehicles looks great and the black wheel thing is way over played.

Then I’ll be de-badgeing all the emblems except the back “H” only because of its location. Tinting the front two windows is a must, the trailer hitch is also a must to install my bike rack for the mountain bikes and a K&N filter

I’m contemplating a set of rally car mudflaps installed properly not sticking out the side like the Subies.

My neighbor paints car and I’m thinking of having him mask off most of the hood and paint it flat black over the white, I thought about a wrap but he’d paint it for cheaper.

And last but not least actually most important, I need to locate a set of Yakima Baseline towers (out of stock everywhere) to mount to the roof so I can install my Packasport snowboard rack, the only reason I don’t go with the stock rack is because I don’t like that you have to have those 5’ long rails to attach the cross bars.

I’d also like to cut out the stock grille and install a custom black aluminum one, like the one I installed on my Element, but having a tough time locating one. Also I’ll have to check if it interfere with all of that technology crap on the grille.

When it’s complete I’ll be posting picks, especially with the bikes on back and the packasport on the roof.

· 2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,863 Posts
All of that sounds very good to me, I have Arches on my PP and love them! Also, I'd do the Black Wrap instead of paint, so that the Wrap who protect the hood from dings & chips. Lastly there has been a lot of talk about replacing the front Grill, so if you end up doing anything, people here would love to see it...!

Reactions: Werlyb23

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrap the hood yourself. It's a large flat surface so it's easy to do yourself. Roof rails are 5 foot long for easy adjustability and to spread the load on the roof out over a larger area.
I thought about doing it myself, my neighbor did the entire hood on his Challenger but I only want to do the middle section between the hood lines, not sure how straight I could cut those lines. The guy that tinted my wife’s new TLX A-spec also does wraps I guess I can call for a quote.

The packasport is the only thing going on the roof so I don’t need the adjustability, plus I don’t like the looks of it, to mini van’ish.

3,863 Posts
StevenD would you mind posting a pic ?

Are your Arches 17” or 18”, I’d rather go 17” but there might be an issue with the brake calipers hitting.
I felt more comfortable going with 18"'s, see here for pics:

3,863 Posts
Welcome. I went with 18’s as well plus the Continental Terrain A/T tires. so much nicer over rough roads.
Those Wheels look REAL easy to clean...!

3,863 Posts
Yes they are, but how to clean my tires:oops::LOL:
I read a bunch of tire cleaning products being compared and reviewed on YouTube (feel free to search) and stopped after on guy showed that Simple Green (which I have a gallon of concentrate) worked just as well as ones costing 5 or 10 times as much.

In the olden days, I always scrubbed my tires with a big brush and Comet before the Amor All...lol

Reactions: JonThor
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.