Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool. Please post up some photos when you get it. Should I do a test drive, and the tranny isn't terrible, this color would be my preference (or the Black Forest). Should look pretty good w/ the Black rims. Congrats.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really, really wanted to like that color and my local dealership had an Elite. Just too dark and the copper didn't pop. Maybe on a bright summer day, the color would be brighter. For my taste, just too dar and it was just another black. Good luck with the vehicle !!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to upload the showroom picture of the car that I took and the file was too large. In the showroom I thought the car was black. I am coming from a 2007 Black Honda Pilot so black is fine with me. In the right light, the car has a neat brown/maroon color to it. I like it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I test drove a Pilot and the Passport on the same route. I noticed that on a frost heaved country road, the bumps were as I described, more rounded on the Passport. I felt that each bump had a softer bounce with the Passport. My husband felt that the front passenger seat was more comfortable. I can't wait to try out the sport mode with the paddles. On my 2007 Pilot, I use the lower gears in snow conditions to navigate down steep windy hills to avoid using the brakes and slipping into ditch or ravine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
On my 2007 Pilot, I use the lower gears in snow conditions to navigate down steep windy hills to avoid using the brakes and slipping into ditch or ravine.
That's one of the situations I use lower gears also. Although there are many features I really like about the Passport, for these situations, I think would prefer the old-school gear shifter. However, I haven't tried paddle shifters yet :).

·
Registered
138 Posts
In the bright sunlight, my fishing friend asked me what color the PP was and before I could answer (BCP), he said it looks like Root Beer.

I thought that was a great insight. In the bright light, I can see what he saw.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats on your new Passport. Just curious, My brother has a 2009 pilot and loves it. Has had no major issues other than standard maintenance and has 165,000 on it. How did your 2007 Pilot perform? Did you keep it or trade it in? If you traded it in did the dealer try to lowball you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts