Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When speaking to someone who is driving the passport and using the hands free bluetooth - there is a bad echo and feedback from my end but not for the person driving the car - anyone having similar issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Disappointed in the Bluetooth for the passport. Every time I call someone through my car I get a lot of complaints about feedback and noise on my end. I agree though, I don't hear feedback from the other callers end into my passport.

·
Registered
662 Posts
No problem with mine. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. Likely they've heard of this problem before and hopefully have a fix for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When speaking to someone who is driving the passport and using the hands free bluetooth - there is a bad echo and feedback from my end but not for the person driving the car - anyone having similar issue?
Yes, my wife and I have swapped vehicles for the past month--she is driving my Passport. When I talk to her on a Bluetooth phone call, I hear my voice echoing in the background. It is very annoying. A Hyundai forum (having the same problem) said it is an issue only when connected to Android Auto or Apple Car Play via wired connection; it is not an issue when Bluetooth only. However, they provided a software update that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport EX-L Deep Scarlet Pearl
10 Posts
Ditto. Same issue with my 2020 EX-L. Got so annoying that I've defaulted to just using the cellphone (iPhone) speaker. Switching between Bluetooth and CarPlay made no difference. Any suggestions on a fix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, it often happens while I talk to my wife while she drive our Passport. I hear my voice echoed and distorted. It helped at least twice when I asked her to lower the speakets volume. Not sure if fhat is a perfect solution. Any other suggestions I would be interested too.

·
Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
38 Posts
I am having the same problem with the people I am talking to hearing themselves. I am using a Pixel phone. First I was told that it was my cable that I was using for Android auto. So I replaced it with a "high quality" O.E.M, didn't fix it. Even when connected to just Bluetooth it still happens. Then I was told because my phone is "not on the list of approved phones with Honda, I didn't have a leg to stand on", didn't take that answer because Bluetooth is a standard protocol. I have done everything that my service department has asked, factory reset of my infotainment, unpaired and repaired on my phone, made sure both my phone and infotainment were up to date. The only thing that I have found is to turn the volume down to 15 or below and that makes it go away or be tolerable enough for the conversation to continue. The real problem is it is intermittent enough that it is hard to diag. With that being said.....the service manager has ordered a new ANC mic for me to see if that fixes it. He is very willing to get to the root of the problem, so I will keep everyone updated. I am also getting a Pixel 6 next week, so we'll see if it actually is the phone.

Fun fact. My dad has a 21 Pilot with the same issue, but my brother just got a 21 passport and has no issues and he has the same Pixel as my dad and I. My dads and my passport are 4 and 7 months old respectively. My brothers PP is a month old. Could Honda have a bad batch of Mic, Bluetooth modules, or something else...who knows, but I'm not giving up on this. We spend entirely too much money on their vehicles. While reliability still seems good, their fit and finish, as well as tech equipment has gone in the gutter. It just seems like Honda is starting to make this the status quo because they are known for reliability. I have heard way to many "excuses" as to why this is happening, my general response is....if you can't get them right, then take the time to build them instead of just slapping them together and shoving them out of the factory, or acknowledge there were some slip ups and address them, don't make it seem as it is the customers fault.

Keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
420 Posts
My wife and i both have 2021 pp's and it is a problem with both of ours. She uses apple car play and me android auto. I will try a call later without android auto and see if that makes a difference. More to come.

·
Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
38 Posts
Can I ask what phones you guys use?

I am using a Pixel 3a XL. It happens on my dad's 21 Pilot and he uses a Pixel 3 XL. I just ordered a iPhone 13 Pro Max in hopes of fixing it.

So my dad and I both have EX-L trims.

My brother has a 3 XL as well, but he has a 21 touring , he does not have any issues.

This is so weird.

·
Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
38 Posts
Update! Dealer put in a new head unit, guess what.......dealer was still able to duplicate problem. Dealer has since reached out to Honda tech. They replied " Unfortunate characteristic of the trim level". My translation: Honda is aware, but can't fix. I am giving Honda the benefit of the doubt and have opened a buy back case with them. I will give them the chance to resolve this. If not, I have enough documentation for a Lemon Law. It's a damn shame because I love my Passport.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Update! Dealer put in a new head unit, guess what.......dealer was still able to duplicate problem. Dealer has since reached out to Honda tech. They replied " Unfortunate characteristic of the trim level". My translation: Honda is aware, but can't fix. I am giving Honda the benefit of the doubt and have opened a buy back case with them. I will give them the chance to resolve this. If not, I have enough documentation for a Lemon Law. It's a damn shame because I love my Passport.
Just want to let you know that when we first got our Passport I had a Pixel 3 XL & had no issues like yours. I got a new Pixel 6 Pro a month ago & again, no issues. My wife's Pixel 5 also works perfectly. This is the same whether we're hooked up with Bluetooth or Android auto. Hope you get yours figured out...

·
Registered
'21 EX-L Modern Steel
38 Posts
Thanks. It seems that the touring and up are fine. I'm assuming its cause of the different stereo. My brother has a 21 touring and both of us have had zero issues with it. Using a pixel 3 and 6 and a iPhone 13. All of which I've had the issue with in mine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks. It seems that the touring and up are fine. I'm assuming its cause of the different stereo. My brother has a 21 touring and both of us have had zero issues with it. Using a pixel 3 and 6 and a iPhone 13. All of which I've had the issue with in mine.
Sounds like your dealer is at least trying to make it right. Perhaps you could ask if they would get you a head unit from a Touring or Elite & charge you the difference in their cost to make it right...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts