Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like some help thinking up a cool custom plate for my Passport, something with an "Outdoors theme".

I'm in California, which has a maximum of 7 letters/numbers or 6 with a space.

Please feel free to list your personalized plate name (if you have one) of help me with some ideas...

Thanks (in advance)

ALSO: The Ca. DMV has some rules:

The Department shall refuse any configuration that may carry connotations offensive to good taste and decency, or which would be misleading, based on criteria which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
  1. The configuration has a sexual connotation or is a term of lust or depravity.
  2. The configuration is a vulgar term; a term of contempt, prejudice, or hostility; an insulting or degrading term; a racially degrading term; or an ethnically degrading term.
  3. The configuration is a swear word or term considered profane, obscene, or repulsive.
  4. The configuration has a negative connotation to a specific group.
  5. The configuration misrepresents a law enforcement entity.
  6. The configuration has been deleted from regular series license plates.
  7. The configuration is a foreign or slang word or term, or is a phonetic spelling or mirror image of a word or term falling into the categories described in subdivisions 1 through 6 above.

·
Super Moderator
993 Posts
you can’t have mine because it’s taken and people will look at you weird! 🤣

not sure if you know, but you can go onto the CA DMV website and see if your preferences are available. And last time I ordered these, they took 8 weeks!

My gig cancelled because of coronavirus, so I’ve got nothing but lots of unpaid time until mid April, will think of some options.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I once saw this one at an astronomy star party (California vehicle) CME2C*S (the * was actually a star symbol). It says "see me to see stars".

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about starting with:
"PP2" or "PP4" (Note PP = PassPort)
Just need 4 more letters. Any ideas?

Brainstorming:
PP 4 FUN
PP4 LIFE
PP 4 ME
ADVNTRE
SUV 4 ME
RCKN PP
OUTDR MN

ehh...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lol you can’t really get anything with PP for passport 😂

I went with the black and yellow legacy plates: TM2TTRS (take me to the trees). I like it because most people can’t figure it out, but I know!

i’m with you though, I struggled for a while trying to figure out but to get.

·
Super Moderator
993 Posts
That was last month up at Lake Tahoe. Nowhere near as much snow rn ☹
That makes sense.
And yes, sadly we do not have that amazing rainfall we had last year at this time.

·
Super Moderator
993 Posts
Steven - What about this?

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I appreciate the effort, really, but the first thing I think of is a Doc Worker, can you (or anyone) think of something that uses any of the following:
Camping
Fishing
Outdoors
Music
Off road
Sierras
Creeks
Rivers
Mountains

1 - 16 of 16 Posts