Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
My EX-L on some of this year's outings...the first is on top of the Nellie Creek trailhead in the San Juan mountains in Colorado. It was a brutal 4-WD road AFTER getting off of the Alpine Loop and crossing 2 creeks at the beginning of June. The water in the creeks was at least 10". When I got to the trailhead there was no snow. When I woke up the next morning, there were 5" of new, blowing snow. Made for a great day hiking one of Colorado's big mountains.

The next pic is from a hike up the East Spanish Peak in May. Again, another nasty 4-WD road was navigated to get there, but a comfortable place to park. The clearance on our Passports is AMAZING! But I am swapping the 20" OEM rims and tires out for 18" All Terrain tires. Too many more places to go see in Colorado!

Tire Wheel Automotive design Automotive tire Alloy wheel
Tire Wheel Natural environment Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
2019 Passport Elite
882 Posts
I had no idea these existed in Kansas. I'm gonna have to make a trip out and see them.
Yes, it is on private land that the owner has allowed the public to visit (no fees). There is about 7 miles of packed gravel roads (tertiary roads) to the destination.

Also in Kansas, there is Mushroom Rock State Park and a Van Gogh that always put a smile on our face in Goodland (adjacent to I-70).

Plant community Rock Grass family Groundcover Sculpture
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light

· Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
3,007 Posts
The Alvord Desert, Oregon. Amazing solitude.
Awesome set up!
Can you please post a couple more photos of the little teardrop (I think it is) trailer?

Reactions: Werlyb23

· Registered
4 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
3,007 Posts
Thanks! Here are a couple more shots of our teardrop. Brave Horatio is a Frontier model from Oregon Trail'r.
We also have a blog about our adventures with the trailer at …Brave Horatio followed after – Teardropping in the Pacific Northwest
That is a fantastic set up!

I keep telling myself I want to go Airstream Nest when I can’t work anymore (does 2020 count towards retirement), but that’s such an extreme, and kind of freaks me out. I will certainly rent one before selling just about everything I own and committing to it.

· Registered
4 Posts
That is a fantastic set up!

I keep telling myself I want to go Airstream Nest when I can’t work anymore (does 2020 count towards retirement), but that’s such an extreme, and kind of freaks me out. I will certainly rent one before selling just about everything I own and committing to it.
Thanks. We love it, but renting first is a great idea. There are some great teardrop groups on Facebook. They are also great sources info.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.