Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been over a month since I purchased my Passport and I've yet to see a Passport in the wild. The only Passport that I've seen was @Jondz on the 14 freeway, more than likely coming home from another 4x4 adventure. I think Passport's biggest competitor is the Honda Pilot. If a consumer goes to a Honda dealership thinking of buying a Passport and sees a Pilot, with a third row seating, for just about the same price, they would opt to buy a Pilot. If they don't know the subtle difference like the ground clearance, departure angle or the aggressive look, they would definitely buy a Pilot. Especially all the cash back and incentives they offer with the Pilot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily say the Pilot is a competitor, since they are both Honda. IMO the Kia Telluride has to be the number 1 competitor. Similar price-range, engine, off-roading appeal, safety features, and bells & whistles. Dealers love to say the Jeep Grand Cherokee is main competitor... ?‍♂

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd say it slots right in between the 4Runner, which is a legitimate off-roader with real 4WD and a real truck chassis, and the 2-row Highlander, which is decidedly not an off-roader.

It's probably more similar to the Outback (especially the new Outback XT Onyx trim coming out this year) than anything else on the market.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah, I think it's tough to really say what is the HP's competition for market share. I can't think of any 2 row SUV that has as much rear seat room as the HP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been waiting for 3 years for the passport to hit the road, ever since the rumors started to fly, I knew this is what I wanted.
I had an 11 Pilot, loved it but never used the 3rd row .
And now it will fit in my garage. Hope I have the dependably I had with the Pilot.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here is what I considered for a Midsized SUV in the low 30s with a sporty V6:
Nissan Murano SL (lacks power, has tech and Bose sound)
Toyota Highlander SE (No android auto or Bose)
Ford Explorer (a fan of the sport, but worried about reliability and resale value)
Kia Sorrento (long in the tooth, great warranty)
Kia Telluride (too big, but price is right on lower trims, great warranty.)

After listening to the VTEC and the sound system, I was sold on the passport.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Here is what I considered for a Midsized SUV in the low 30s with a sporty V6:
Nissan Murano SL (lacks power, has tech and Bose sound)
Toyota Highlander SE (No android auto or Bose)
Ford Explorer (a fan of the sport, but worried about reliability and resale value)
Kia Sorrento (long in the tooth, great warranty)
Kia Telluride (too big, but price is right on lower trims, great warranty.)

After listening to the VTEC and the sound system, I was sold on the passport.
Welcome, Driv3r! You'll find a wealth of information on your new PP here on the Forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts