Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any info on the width of the Passport including the mirrors? The garage is a bit cramped with my wife's 2018 CR-V and my 2005 Pilot. The current Pilot is 1.3" wider than the 2005, and if the mirrors stick out more that would make it "interesting" to get into the SUVs in the garage. I'm guessing that they're using the same mirrors on the Passport and Pilot, so maybe the width of a current Pilot including the mirrors would help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know the answer to the width question, but the Touring and Elite trims have power folding mirrors that you can trigger from the dashboard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone have this spec - or can they take a measurement if you're already an owner? I have called around and searched the web and cannot get an answer. Concerned the SUV won't fit in my garage comfortably.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
With an 8' (96") wide garage door, it is a tight fit with the mirrors extended. Actual opening of my garage is 92". It definitely helps to fold the mirrors. I miss my previous garage with a 9' garage door.

·
Super Moderator
813 Posts
This will be my problem too. My single car garage is 93”...my CRV has about 15” clearance after I open the driver side door. I back in and hover the passenger side wall, will do the same if I like the Passport.

I finally get to test drive and test park it on Sunday!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bump, but I'm shopping the Passport. I looked on their US website and it lists the width as 78.6 in.

From an earlier post, it stated " 89.7/83.3 in inches " with mirrors/folded. Can someone verify what the actual mirror to mirror width is? I really don't want to end up getting a nice brand new shiny car and end up having to leave it out because it can't even fit. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
813 Posts
Sorry to bump, but I'm shopping the Passport. I looked on their US website and it lists the width as 78.6 in.

From an earlier post, it stated " 89.7/83.3 in inches " with mirrors/folded. Can someone verify what the actual mirror to mirror width is? I really don't want to end up getting a nice brand new shiny car and end up having to leave it out because it can't even fit. Thanks.
I am measuring my garage at:
17’ L x 8’9” - opening is 7’5”

Passport is: 15’ 5” L x 7’5” W

And I actually test drove/park - can you do that?
I am also still shopping for a bigger garage for my Passport!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah, but the canadian website says 2115mm (83in) with the mirrors folded in. So which one is correct measurement?
Both are correct... 78.6" WITHOUT the mirrors (body only) and 83" WITH the mirrors folded in. Which means that you need to use and consider the larger of the two dimensions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am measuring my garage at:
17’ L x 8’9” - opening is 7’5”

Passport is: 15’ 5” L x 7’5” W

And I actually test drove/park - can you do that?
I am also still shopping for a bigger garage for my Passport!

View attachment 3918
So your garage opening is exactly the same as the Passport at 7'5"? How do you get in there without scraping!

·
Super Moderator
813 Posts
So your garage opening is exactly the same as the Passport at 7'5"? How do you get in there without scraping!
I have to back in and at a slight angle until I clear the opening, (while just barely clearing it), and then I get as close as I can to the wall on the passenger side. It truly sucks, and certainly takes time. Fortunately, I’ve been working out of town just about all but 5 weeks since I bought my Passport.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts