Honda Passport Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
It’s becoming too easy for owners to accept mediocrity. If a system is not ready for prime time, hold off and protect your reputation. Don’t risk losing loyal customers like myself that have stuck with the brand for 30 years. So far, my Hondas have been rock solid. I’ve also owner several American cars, and the electronics issues with the Passport, Pilot, and Odyssey remind me of the crappy Dodge and Chevy that I’ve owned. Always in the shop. Never buy another one.

I’m still sticking around waiting to pull the trigger. Once I sense that things are turning around, I’ll bring a Passport Elite home.

Well, you have been more loyal than me (when it comes to Honda), my last new Honda was an 1985 Prelude!

Yeah, I agree with you with the American (Dinosaur) Car makers, I've owned one Ford, one GM and one Chrysler (going back to the early 70's) and those three were the worst vehicles I've ever owned...! I laugh every time I see that Chevy commercial where they have actors (good ones too) portraying real people saying "they moved up to Chevy"..give me a break...(lol)

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport - Touring - AWD
4 Posts
It’s becoming too easy for owners to accept mediocrity. If a system is not ready for prime time, hold off and protect your reputation. Don’t risk losing loyal customers like myself that have stuck with the brand for 30 years. So far, my Hondas have been rock solid. I’ve also owner several American cars, and the electronics issues with the Passport, Pilot, and Odyssey remind me of the crappy Dodge and Chevy that I’ve owned. Always in the shop. Never buy another one.

I’m still sticking around waiting to pull the trigger. Once I sense that things are turning around, I’ll bring a Passport Elite home.
You're killing my buzz and I'm sure others who LOVE our new PPs with your negativity. Can you press pause and get back with us if/when you purchase a PP? I promise you'll love it so go get one! Cars aren't perfect - that's why they come with a warranty. And life's too short to worry about every little detail - they're just a cars.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
336 Posts
You're killing my buzz and I'm sure others who LOVE our new PPs with your negativity. Can you press pause and get back with us if/when you purchase a PP? I promise you'll love it so go get one! Cars aren't perfect - that's why they come with a warranty. And life's too short to worry about every little detail - they're just a cars.
It’s not negativity, it’s reality. I test drove a Passport and was very impressed with it. I’m just annoyed that Honda has not fessed up to the problem. I don’t want my new Passport monkey fisted as they attempt repairs that may not work.

i noticed you joined 10 days ago. When did you get your PP, and what year and trim level?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport - Touring - AWD
4 Posts
Dude you're still doing it with the negative shit. No one is going to Monkey Fist you. My 2019 PP AWD Touring has 3,000 miles already in 6 weeks of ownership. October 2019 build. NO ISSUES. Way better than the 2016 Subaru Outback CR said would be a great car. Constant battery failure issues, cracked exhaust manifold, electronics stopped working ALL the time and then would start working a few days later. Just go buy one. I got $7K off and another $1K Loyalty. Also $12,500 for my POS Outback with 127,000 miles. GO BUY ONE!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I’m thinking of ordering one because I want the alloy wheels and don’t want to spend another 2 grand to swap wheels. By doing that, I’ll get something fresh off the line (I think...), and hopefully the kinks will have been worked out. You have to understand, I buy and hold my cars for as long as possible. And I don’t like to be frustrated with low end mechanics messing with my cars. I avoid dealerships like the plague, except if they’ve got a good special on fluid changes. I’ve always gone with my gut on big purchases, and so far, I’ve done very well. I’m getting closer... 😀

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I checked with my dealer today, and you can’t order a PP Elite with the alloy wheels. The dealer has to order the wheels and do the swap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well you better get one Before they shut down the (virus infused) assembly line - because once they return they'll be fat/ lazy and have forgotten everything they once knew.
And they will likely be very irritable after having gone weeks without toilet paper.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just read this whole thread from beginning to end.... the one thing I came away from this was that this forum is still a very small sampling of the Passport owners out there. If asked I would say there's probably a 100 registered people (plus or minus a few) that have made posts or responded to posts on these forum. Of those 100 people I would venture to say there's a solid 30 of us that visit and post on a regular basis. Ha ha, either we're very bored people or we're just passionate about what we like (I'll put us with the latter)!
Unfortunately, as it has been stated before most of the postings here have been negative in nature. And before any one blasts me for that, yes I agree many of the complaints are 100% valid for what they are stating. Just saying it's easier to say something bad than it is to say something good.
I joined this forum AFTER I purchased my PP Elite in October and I learned a lot from all of you... and to that I say Thank You . Plus I have been very fortunate to say that my PP has been 100% reliable with ZERO issues with 7,100 miles on the odometer.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
85 Posts
I love my Passport. I came here to learn more about it and see what others are doing with theirs, not to complain. If something does happen, this seems like a good place to look for help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It’s not negativity, it’s reality. I test drove a Passport and was very impressed with it. I’m just annoyed that Honda has not fessed up to the problem. I don’t want my new Passport monkey fisted as they attempt repairs that may not work.

i noticed you joined 10 days ago. When did you get your PP, and what year and trim level?
I still think Edmunds has it right; basically it's about the best vehicle of it's type out there that has a few glitches, especially the over active safety systems. And because it's a Honda, that does disappoint me a bit, because I expect more since it's a Honda. And, with that said, I think Honda should come up with some fixes, sooner rather than later. But in the end I still think it's a great vehicle and I'm very happy to have one in my driveway.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts