Honda Passport Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
336 Posts
AS YOU
If one is utility based as you seem then one must agree AWD has its place. Opportunity to pull
SEEM

I purchased in May. Problems in June and July with the system. Honda was able in two visits to fix the problems.. Are you saying this is current or you are stuck warp? It is difficult to understand HONDA ignoring the problem this far out.
It’s still an issue with the Passport, as well as the Pilot and Odyssey. Honda claims a software update is coming out, yet a lot of wire harnesses are being replaced. I have time to wait.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It’s still an issue with the Passport, as well as the Pilot and Odyssey. Honda claims a software update is coming out, yet a lot of wire harnesses are being replaced. I have time to wait.
Can't explain my difference other than harness display and speedometer panel and radio. Dealer shop said parts were more than 5000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So how does CR or any of the other entities know when they pick up a new vehicle that it will not have any of the issues. They have no divine knowledge, no guidance from a higher power as to which particular vehicle to buy. There a people here that report that they have infotainment system problems. Am I to assume that they are all lying since by chance the exact vehicle I choose does not exhibit any of those problems.

To date I have not experienced any infotainment issues, while I believe that others have here that report problems have. I had no premonition as to what particular vehicle, no divine guidance. I took the one on the lot that had the features I wanted. Simple as that. By luck of the draw I have had no issues.

As for one source, yes if you read the posts, all of the posts there are some that indicate that there is only one source they trust.

I trust none of them on their own. But then I don't trust reviews based on a single item, whether the reviewers have accept advertising or not. Each of those reviews are based on a singular experience as they are reviewing one and only one item.
Consumer Reports buys a single vehicle anonymously at retail for their testing regime. From that testing they report on handling, acceleration, comfort, etc., as can be seen in any of their road test reports. For their ratings and overall score on reliability, etc., they use the detailed reader/subscriber surveys they send out for many vehicle owners to self report. For details of my bad on-going infotainment experience, please see my HTSA Complaint Number 11316669, which is similar to many other complaints filed there

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Consumer Reports buys a single vehicle anonymously at retail for their testing regime. From that testing they report on handling, acceleration, comfort, etc., as can be seen in any of their road test reports. For their ratings and overall score on reliability, etc., they use the detailed reader/subscriber surveys they send out for many vehicle owners to self report. For details of my bad on-going infotainment experience, please see my HTSA Complaint Number 11316669, which is similar to many other complaints filed there
Welcome to the Passport Complaint Forum, great first post, unfortunately I was unable to pull up your complaint number at the HTSA site. If you'd care to contribute anything else - there are plenty of threads here!

have a nice day!

·
Registered
82 Posts
HTSA Complaint Number 11316669
Welcome to the Passport Complaint Forum, great first post, unfortunately I was unable to pull up your complaint number at the HTSA site. If you'd care to contribute anything else - there are plenty of threads here!

have a nice day!
Steve, I was able to read the events of Passport owned by hiwayman. I have not the foggiest what a Super Moderator does. Al that said, may 20019, bought 2019 Passport Elite. Within, have lost track of the miles, 4000 or so and or 2 months similar and same events as described by hiwayman occurred. The dealer shop was ignorant of these things. We made videos of the occurrences. Twice the unit was brought in for repair. Honda rep denied that the loss of speedometer info was a driveability or a safety issue. I challenged that train of thought in this forum. Somebody in Honda recognized the danger of my broadcast. The next day the radio was on rush order of sorts to replace and perhaps the speedometer board within days to complete the second repair. Had a few incicences of crackle pop from speakers after the second repair. All seems well since and now. I like the vehicle and and recommend if these issues are brought to a close. it I cannot imagine Honda not alerting dealers of the issues and dealers are ignorant of the events. HONDA cannot say they are unaware of the problem. I cannot accept HONDA inviting negligence. Please advise all here as to what your plans are to assist.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Video your problem. Challenge Honda to tell you if not knowing your velocity in a school zone is not a safety issue. Have them to explain that to the ticketing officer and the judge on the bench. That said, Steve, I was able to read the events of Passport owned by hiwayman. I have not the foggiest what a Super Moderator does. Al that said, may 20019, bought 2019 Passport Elite. Within, have lost track of the miles, 4000 or so and or 2 months similar and same events as described by hiwayman occurred. The dealer shop was ignorant of these things. We made videos of the occurrences. Twice the unit was brought in for repair. Honda rep denied that the loss of speedometer info was a driveability or a safety issue. I challenged that train of thought in this forum. Somebody in Honda recognized the danger of my broadcast. The next day the radio was on rush order of sorts to replace and perhaps the speedometer board within days to complete the second repair. Had a few incicences of crackle pop from speakers after the second repair. All seems well since and now. I like the vehicle and and recommend if these issues are brought to a close. it I cannot imagine Honda not alerting dealers of the issues and dealers are ignorant of the events. HONDA cannot say they are unaware of the problem. I cannot accept HONDA inviting negligence. Please advise all here as to what your plans are to assist.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I tried searching by complaint number as well, and it doesn’t come up. But if you search on Honda Passport, it’s the second one listed with the same complaint number.

72B2A35C-8C38-4448-ADE1-DF843C3B82C3.jpeg

9DC1F406-8CC6-4A89-92B8-E56B178CDF18.jpeg

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Here’s a great video that demonstrates the infotainment system problems, crackling noises, and the blank dash display issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
What an overwhelming response! As the OP, I stand by not caring about consumer reports, but find it fascinating 2 nearly identical vehicles can have different predicted reliability. I'm probably old school though, and consider a vehicle's reliability starting/stopping, generally getting me from point A to point B. If the infotainment is wonky, that's annoying, but if I'm not stranded I still consider the vehicle reliable. To date, I've never had a vehicle in good mechanical standing leave me on the side of the road. My Passport loves to beep at me all the time to brake when I pass another car on a 2 lane road. It royally pissed me off the first few weeks, and now I laugh about it, and usually try to disable the system, but forget often on quick trips.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
What an overwhelming response! As the OP, I stand by not caring about consumer reports, but find it fascinating 2 nearly identical vehicles can have different predicted reliability. I'm probably old school though, and consider a vehicle's reliability starting/stopping, generally getting me from point A to point B. If the infotainment is wonky, that's annoying, but if I'm not stranded I still consider the vehicle reliable. To date, I've never had a vehicle in good mechanical standing leave me on the side of the road. My Passport loves to beep at me all the time to brake when I pass another car on a 2 lane road. It royally pissed me off the first few weeks, and now I laugh about it, and usually try to disable the system, but forget often on quick trips.
You’re unique in that you can ignore a problem with something that you’ve paid extra for by getting a higher trim model. When someone buys a Touring or Elite model to get specific features, and those features don’t work, that is a major deal warranting frustration and disappointment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
eh, i'm a pretty awesome dude, but probably not very unique ;) I find the infotainment in most vehicles to be completely underwhelming. I don't understand why they haven't completely dropped their in-house offerings and just offer android auto and car play, put decent speakers in the thing and move on. They make cars, and now they're forced to include technology because everyone thinks they need it. I believe every manufacturer that's actively updating and improving the car cabin tech is subject to issues because its new and untested. Toyota/Lexus/Porsche haven't changed shit in years, thus maintaining great ratings. I'll take progress personally. Different strokes for different folks

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I’ve got a 2018 Rav4 with the Entune system, which sucks. But at least it doesn’t flake out. No hanging, crackling, blank screens, etc. Definitely need to replace it at some point.

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Steve, I was able to read the events of Passport owned by hiwayman.
I searched for it based on the number he gave and could not find, just like someone else here said. I did not spend a lot of time on the site, BUT I did come across 2 2019 Passport reviews that both have 4 & 5 stars across the board.

I have not the foggiest what a Super Moderator does.
Well, allow me to retort; I monitor THIS SITE, people say the "f-word" I delete it and determine if they need to be banned, I delete Spam, I read posts, I respond to posts, since I own a Passport (that has been problem free) I state my opinions. I allow other people to state their opinions (as long as they do not violate the rules on conduct set forth). Lastly I don't work for Honda, I am not paid by Honda and make no money off Honda or this website.

Please advise all here as to what your plans are to assist.
If you meant this for me, I don't plan to do anything, except maybe read and respond to a few more posts, have dinner, watch some TV.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I too would be upset if my PP had these reported gremlins, HOWEVER ...
I believe my sound system is awesome (when given the correct material to pump thru its speakers). In fairness it has also played some crap - but I CAN turn it off when necessary.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Want to know what I think? I don't think you really want a PP so it's time to move on but make sure you come back to let us know how things are with the vehicle you chose based on CR recommendations!
I do short leases (2 years) and have owned every make except Korean (I refuse to) and every single one had some sort of issue or two specific to that model. My last truck 17 Ram, the infotainment gliched so bad sometimes that the only way to reset it was to pull over,turn the truck off,wait 5 minutes to reset and start it back up. These things are basically computers and freeze and glich just like your PC,cell phone,smart watch etc etc so you better get over it because it will happen to every make regardless of price point.
This was a good read. This reminded me of my coworkers 2018 BMW 5 series that glitched so bad, the electronic gauges shifted 6 inches to the left leaving only a partial tachometer and water temp gauge. Turns out it was software related of course as replacing screens made no difference

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
It’s becoming too easy for owners to accept mediocrity. If a system is not ready for prime time, hold off and protect your reputation. Don’t risk losing loyal customers like myself that have stuck with the brand for 30 years. So far, my Hondas have been rock solid. I’ve also owner several American cars, and the electronics issues with the Passport, Pilot, and Odyssey remind me of the crappy Dodge and Chevy that I’ve owned. Always in the shop. Never buy another one.

I’m still sticking around waiting to pull the trigger. Once I sense that things are turning around, I’ll bring a Passport Elite home.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts