Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, Going to put a hitch , ATF cooler etc on my new passport. I have the tailgate hands free sensor. Can anyone list the parts numbers and description of what I need to order. i hear that I need to relocate the tailgate sensor.

Thanks in advance

2019 Passport Touring model

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Morning, Going to put a hitch , ATF cooler etc on my new passport. I have the tailgate hands free sensor. Can anyone list the parts numbers and description of what I need to order. i hear that I need to relocate the tailgate sensor.

Thanks in advance

2019 Passport Touring model
You need the wiring harness, transmission cooler, the hitch itself AND a relay to relocate the hands free tailgate censor. The censor is located mid bumper area; this part off places censor to the right (and ia actually more user friendly). This wasnt listed as a part on accessories sheet. It was a surprise cost when i had mine installed.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
644 Posts
Look at websites, such as College Hills Honda, Bernardi Honda or other Honda OEM accessories suppliers. This is the list of towing accessories for the Passport. If a dealership service department is installing the accessories for you, be sure to check with them first. Some dealerships will not allow you to provide the parts, even if it is OEM. If it will be a DIY, the ATF Cooler install is not an easy task.

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you have the tranny cooler installed MAKE SURE WHOEVER INSTALLS IT FOLLOWS THE LAST STEP AND CHECKS THE TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL!!! This procedure is not as simple as it sounds and has to be strictly followed. A lot of dealers will install the cooler but not check the fluid afterwards. .That happened to me. A different dealer had to add fluid. .Be forewarned that a lot of owners that have had the cooler installed, myself included, are experiencing sort of a buzzing sound on 7-8 upshifts that Honda says is a normal sound that is amplified when the cooler is installed. There are many posts are this issue on this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts