Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am considering leasing a passport as my lease is about to expires but I do not wanna make a move contacting the dealer yet to do COVID-19 and do not wanna make the trek to the dealership unless the passport is truly the one. My question is looking at photos of the interior I noticed that due to do the large pockets on the door and the large center console it appears through the photos that is a tight space. Is this true? I am a bigger guy and have owned older grand cherokee (2006) and Mostly Chrysler 300's. I'm just wondering if anyone has a opinion on whether or not its as tight as the images make it look like it to be.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
I am a very large man, and I fit just fine.

·
Registered
466 Posts
. . .do not wanna make the trek to the dealership unless the passport is truly the one. My question is looking at photos of the interior I noticed that due to do the large pockets on the door and the large center console it appears through the photos that is a tight space. Is this true? I am a bigger guy and have owned older grand cherokee (2006) and Mostly Chrysler 300's. I'm just wondering if anyone has a opinion on whether or not its as tight as the images make it look like it to be.

Thanks!
Though nothing can replace actual seat time, interior specifications are easy to find on the 'net:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

Front Headroom: 39.7 Legroom: 41.7 Hip: 57.6 Shoulder: 59.1

2013 Chrysler 300:
Front Headroom: 38.6
Legroom: 41.8 Hip: 56.2 Shoulder: 59.6

2020 Honda Passport:
Front Headroom 39.5 Legroom: 40.9
Hip: 59.1 Shoulder: 62.0

As you can see, Passport is very close in all specs, with best-of-your-comparables in Hip and Shoulder room. As mtgriff posted, Passport is big man tested and approved (YMMV)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Though nothing can replace actual seat time, interior specifications are easy to find on the 'net:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

Front Headroom: 39.7 Legroom: 41.7 Hip: 57.6 Shoulder: 59.1

2013 Chrysler 300:
Front Headroom: 38.6
Legroom: 41.8 Hip: 56.2 Shoulder: 59.6

2020 Honda Passport:
Front Headroom 39.5 Legroom: 40.9
Hip: 59.1 Shoulder: 62.0

As you can see, Passport is very close in all specs, with best-of-comparables in Hip and Shoulder room.
As mrgriff posted, big man tested and approved (YMMV)
Thanks so much that was very helpful!

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
There is one thing that I should confess. Because of my size, I cannot use the little armrest. It pokes me in the side, so I leave it folded up.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
826 Posts
I wouldn’t be so concerned about test driving a Passport during the pandemic. Most dealerships are at the point of making appointments for test drives, and will clean the interior before your test drive. Some will even bring the Passport to your home to check out and test drive. Give your local dealers a call. Wear a mask and gloves if you are concerned. Definitely check it out in person before buying. Good luck!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport EX-L; 2019 Honda Civic Sedan Si; 2013 Honda Civic LX
40 Posts
The vehicle is cavernous inside, but drives like a much smaller vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts