Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone-

Does anyone know how to change the Passport ringtone from the vehicle to your actual phone?

When my iPhone is paired with my PP, it used to ring the ringtone on my iPhone. Now, when the phone rings, it plays this thru the PP and with this high pitched ringtone that makes you want to drive into a tree.I would to get this changed back for my own sanity.

I checked the Owners Manual and cannot find much info.

TR

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Everyone-

Does anyone know how to change the Passport ringtone from the vehicle to your actual phone?

When my iPhone is paired with my PP, it used to ring the ringtone on my iPhone. Now, when the phone rings, it plays this thru the PP and with this high pitched ringtone that makes you want to drive into a tree.I would to get this changed back for my own sanity.

I checked the Owners Manual and cannot find much info.

TR
Try these instructions
2B697649-9DF5-4D0C-B897-78E4A470CB7B.png
2B697649-9DF5-4D0C-B897-78E4A470CB7B.png
51DA7A44-23D7-4FD2-9672-CEA93F6588B8.png

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed this in the manual but I still cannot change the ring tone to my phone from the PP. The option to make the change is grayed out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don’t think you can change it. I agree that it makes you want to ram into a tree when it rings. I did manage to turn down the volume. You have to adjust the volume while the phone is ringing with the volume knob.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I believe you have what is called the Owner's "Guide". The complete Owner's "Manual" is available to download or you can send away for the print version at no cost within a certain period after purchase. The "Manual" is approx. 550 pages.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I believe you have what is called the Owner's "Guide". The complete Owner's "Manual" is available to download or you can send away for the print version at no cost within a certain period after purchase. The "Manual" is approx. 550 pages.
I just checked and you're absolutely correct, it is the Owner's Guide that I have in the glovebox. Having the full manual will be much more helpful.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My iPhone worked with the phone ringer for a long time then one day I got a phone call and I about jumped out of my seat because it changed to the default car ringer. When I went to change it it said my phone was not compatible. I unpaired the phone and then paired it again and I was able to use the phone ringer. I’m using iPhone 11pro.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts