Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It’s official, Passport passes a Ridgeline in YTD sales.

Reactions: dek

·
Registered
45 Posts
Isn’t it correct that the Passport, unlike the Ridgeline, hasn’t even been on sale for the entire year? Didn’t it not even go on sale until sometime in February?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Although it's interesting that PP beat Ridgeline sales in July, it could be that our PP's are finally being noticed as the SUV of choice in several categories; ride, quality fit and finish, appearance and the "adventure" elements in its design.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Everywhere I go Im getting stopped lately with people asking me about it and wanting to check it out, not to many on the road here yet.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,968 Posts
That is great news, one of my neighbors has a 2 year old Black Edition Ridgeline, I'll be sure to mention this to him (lol).

When I was at the Honda dealer yesterday, I asked them about Passport sales and they said they were on the low-side, due to Honda not really pushing them in advertising, but added that once they start doing that sales should increase.

My guess is that many Passport sales are probably due to someone walking onto the lot thinking they wanted a Pilot and then after being shown the PP, realize they don't need the third row...

·
Registered
913 Posts
That is great news, one of my neighbors has a 2 year old Black Edition Ridgeline, I'll be sure to mention this to him (lol).

When I was at the Honda dealer yesterday, I asked them about Passport sales and they said they were on the low-side, due to Honda not really pushing them in advertising, but added that once they start doing that sales should increase.

My guess is that many Passport sales are probably due to someone walking onto the lot thinking they wanted a Pilot and then after being shown the PP, realoze they don't need the third row...
I have noticed a drop off on dedicated PP advertising on TV. The newest Honda ads now show the entire Honda line-up with the PP appearing on the far left and only a portion of its front end showing. I agree with you that some or most of the PP sales came as a result of what you point out in your third paragraph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That 3rd paragraph is exactly my case when I went in to see the Rideline. I said this is a nice size SUV and the salesman said: look at the cargo space. and I was sold lol

Don't want that 3rd row. I like the added ground clearance and the sportiness look it has.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts