Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal? It's happened a few times where I'm sitting in my car waiting for someone and it's in Park. After a minute or so the engine gets a bit louder and then lurch. What's that about?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Interesting...... figure out of there is rhyme or reason. Document, and provide feedback to the dealer. Maybe they can help. Also, we should always be using parking brakes when in parkk for safe measure

Reactions: gwar9999

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds scary, I would take to dealer if a car is moving in park. Are you letting off a brake or anything?
When I'm in park I usually have my foot off the brake. Haven't figured out what causes it but usually after a minute in park the PP's engine revs up a bit for no apparent reason. Sometimes when it does that I feel the lurch, it basically feels like moving forward at 5 mph and then slamming on the brakes, it's somewhat of a wobble forward/back effect.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When I'm in park I usually have my foot off the brake. Haven't figured out what causes it but usually after a minute in park the PP's engine revs up a bit for no apparent reason. Sometimes when it does that I feel the lurch, it basically feels like moving forward at 5 mph and then slamming on the brakes, it's somewhat of a wobble forward/back effect.
And what did the service techs say when you brought it in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts