Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Never knew there was a motor on the lights. Interesting. I’ve never seen my light do much if any “adjustments “.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There seems to be a few things about this vehicle that are downright dangerous. The headlights on my E-XL Passport is one of them. I have virtually no sideways illumination period. I live in the mountains in western North Carolina and some of our roads are small, curvy and very dark. I am going to do some more research but if I cannot figure out a way to cast at least a little light (ie a slightly wider beam) to the side of the vehicle then It's going to have a shortened residency with me. If it sounds like I am angry, well, you got it right!

·
Registered
124 Posts
There seems to be a few things about this vehicle that are downright dangerous. The headlights on my E-XL Passport is one of them. I have virtually no sideways illumination period. I live in the mountains in western North Carolina and some of our roads are small, curvy and very dark. I am going to do some more research but if I cannot figure out a way to cast at least a little light (ie a slightly wider beam) to the side of the vehicle then It's going to have a shortened residency with me. If it sounds like I am angry, well, you got it right!
I find the side visibility fine, especially with the fog lights on, and I am a tough critic on cars. Does EX-L have fog lights? It's fair to be upset if the vehicle doesn't meet your needs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a ExL and have been more than impressed with the headlights. I’d say extremely impressed. I’ve driven some roller coaster type rural curvy roads with no issue. While I let the auto brights do their thing, I haven’t encountered a situation I’d turn them on manually for more light. But then again, I’ve never been a big brights user.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the Elite and am very pleased with the lighting of the LEDs, and I will say I always have the auxiliary "fog" lights on as well plus my auto high beams work rather well. I live out of the city limits of Charlotte which translates to NO street lighting what so ever and travel some hilly curvy roads to get to the highway (leave the house at 5:30 so it's always dark on my way into work). Thought it was interesting on the conversation about auto leveling and the motor on the headlight assembly, so I went to Honda Parts Now to look it up. Take a look at the link, they show the motor (#5) but do not list it as a feasible part. Perhaps this was going to be an option and Honda decided to scrap it? I know my Elite doesn't have this feature.
2019 Honda Passport 5 Door ELITE (AWD) KA 9AT Headlight

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think I just found the answer to my own question. It appears that the auto leveling feature is included in the Canadian models but not in the US.
Yep, Canadians strike again, they always get the extra toys that Honda will NOT provide to US owners. You buy the top-of-line trim expecting to get all the extras that Honda has, but that's not the case for US Honda. The kicker is, many Elite owners would have paid the extra for them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep, Canadians strike again, they always get the extra toys that Honda will NOT provide to US owners. You buy the top-of-line trim expecting to get all the extras that Honda has, but that's not the case for US Honda. The kicker is, many Elite owners would have paid the extra for them.
Oh YEAH!!!!! Well some of us Touring Owners would have paid for them as well. :LOL:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh YEAH!!!!! Well some of us Touring Owners would have paid for them as well. :LOL:
I wouldn’t have! The top trim level most always takes the biggest depreciation hit no matter what make/model. You’re most always better off, residual wise, buying the mid trim or less.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wouldn’t have! The top trim level most always takes the biggest depreciation hit no matter what make/model. You’re most always better off, residual wise, buying the mid trim or less.
You must be a person that has never had self leveling headlights before. They are wonderful for hilly country. Even better are the headlights that will turn left and right as well as you turn the steering wheel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Drove our Touring PP at night yesterday for the first time and must say the headlights are quite spectacular. I did have to try the High Beam switch a couple times because it seemed like Low beams were actually High. Well, they were indeed on Low and the visibility was perfect. I especially like the wide-angle of the light dispersion given that we have quite the deer population up here.

We're learning to love our PP.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Drove our Touring PP at night yesterday for the first time and must say the headlights are quite spectacular. I did have to try the High Beam switch a couple times because it seemed like Low beams were actually High. Well, they were indeed on Low and the visibility was perfect. I especially like the wide-angle of the light dispersion given that we have quite the deer population up here.

We're learning to love our PP.
I have a Touring model as well and although all my driving is city-driving, the Low Beams work fine. Sitting in the drivers seat, I don't see a huge difference when I flash the High Beams, but its not a huge deal, for me since I am not driving some winding road with no cars around when someone else may want some great High Beams.

I can say that on my last BMW, the difference between High Beams and Low Beams was HUGE! Those High Beams were like you were doing a Police search...lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not true. It’s quite the opposite. The Touring/Elite would have the best resale value.
Their resale value will be higher yes, but the percentage of their original cost retained overtime is mostly likely to be less than the lower models. This isn’t specific to the PP, this is generally true across the board. Reason is a 1,000 option is worth say $500 in value at 3 years old and only keeps going down from there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You must be a person that has never had self leveling headlights before. They are wonderful for hilly country. Even better are the headlights that will turn left and right as well as you turn the steering wheel.
No, never had such a feature or even a high end vehicle. The PP is the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever had. I’ve looked many times but just can’t mentally wrap my head around their payments.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts