Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll go first,
My Must-Haves are:
Rubber Floor Mats (Either Honda or WeatherTech)
Rear Cargo Mat (Honda)
Rear Side Protectors (Honda)
Body Side Molding (Either Honda-color matched or After Market-black)
Door Visors (WeatherTech)
Low-Rise Hood Deflector ($85 less than the bigger one) Prevents rocks from hitting Hood on highways
Mud Flaps
Rear Bumper Applique:
Prevents scratches on your bumper if you drag something in or out of rear area

MIGHT Buy - Need to investigate:
Running Boards: I recall complaint about these on the Ridgeline, being too low and then bumping your shin into them, the Passport may be taller and this would help prevent those brain-deads who open their car door into yours
CD Player: (Honda) At $310 it is expensive and if the Dealer wants even more to installing, I may forgo it..

Non-Honda MUST-Have:
Senrty-Safe Biometric Gun Safe (about $170 on Amazon - I plan to somehow mount this in the rear hidden area)
Clear Mylar: I had the entire front end and door handles done on my last car from a local business and may do it again, I may even consider doing the entire top - to keep bird poops from etching into the paint (& Clear-coat).

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'll go first,
My Must-Haves are:
I'm not impressed with what Honda makes lately and WeatherTech is also somewhat "plasticky". Leaning toward Husky Liners. I suspect that their current option for Pilot will work just fine (first and second row mats).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got my Passport Touring Saturday! Haven’t found much available yet in way of accessories but I did discover that my weather tech mats from my old 2016 pilot fit and the attach clips lineup. YIPPEE! thought I would let ones know if they want to switch them out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Senrty-Safe Biometric Gun Safe (about $170 on Amazon - I plan to somehow mount this in the rear hidden area)
I'll go first,
My Must-Haves are:
Rear Cargo Mat (Honda)
Low-Rise Hood Deflector ($85 less than the bigger one) Prevents rocks from hitting Hood on highways
Mud Flaps
Rear Bumper Applique:

Running Boards: I recall complaint about these on the Ridgeline, being too low and then bumping your shin into them, the Passport may be taller and this would help prevent those brain-deads who open their car door into yours
CD Player: (Honda) At $310 it is expensive and if the Dealer wants even more to installing, I may forgo it..

Non-Honda MUST-Have:
Clear Mylar: I had the entire front end and door handles done on my last car from a local business and may do it again, I may even consider doing the entire top - to keep bird poops from etching into the paint (& Clear-coat).
I'll go first,
My Must-Haves are:
Rear Cargo Mat (Honda)
Mud Flaps
Rear Bumper Applique:

Non-Honda MUST-Have:

·
Registered
6 Posts
What rear hidden area are you talking about for the safe ? Would be interested in doing the same just not sure where you are talking about. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What rear hidden area are you talking about for the safe ? Would be interested in doing the same just not sure where you are talking about. Thanks!
Yeah, sure, I guess I could have described it better, but I was referring to the recessed area that is on the left behind the big main compartment and back towards the sub-woofer (on the Elite & Touring Models) I need to measure the area again but I am now leaning toward this safe/box, at $34 its a lot cheaper than the original one I mentioned: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GVFD4DI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=AD6RFAAQRI8WI&psc=1

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really wanted a CD player but there is no such option for the Elite. Not that I am old school, it just sounds SOOOO much better than mp3(4) or any lesser flavor of digitizing sound.

·
Super Moderator
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really wanted a CD player but there is no such option for the Elite. Not that I am old school, it just sounds SOOOO much better than mp3(4) or any lesser flavor of digitizing sound.

Not sure who told you that, but I have the Touring model and added the CD player with no problems, it fills that little slot that I did not need and you are right, it sounds awesome.

I accidently inserted two CDs in yesterday and it gave me an error, I hit reject and they both came out fine, no jamming...

I highly recommend the CD player, but get the Dealer to install it as they have to also make sure the software is loaded so you have a little CD icon on your infotainment display.

Cheers!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I agree with Drummer, my Elite is incomplete without a CD player. With several hundred CD's it's my music library. My '12 Pilot had one and with the built-in HD they were played once and stored there at the same time. A big omission in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure who told you that, but I have the Touring model and added the CD player with no problems, it fills that little slot that I did not need and you are right, it sounds awesome.

I accidently inserted two CDs in yesterday and it gave me an error, I hit reject and they both came out fine, no jamming...

I highly recommend the CD player, but get the Dealer to install it as they have to also make sure the software is loaded so you have a little CD icon on your infotainment display.

Cheers!
I read in another thread that the Elite can't have one put in..may have something to do with the phone battery charger that the Elite comes with..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure why it can't, but my wife attempted to get one from the dealer for our anniversary. It arrived, she scheduled the install date, and the day before our anniversary received a call from the dealer saying that it cannot be installed into an Elite.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Touring AWD PP
Keeping it simple with
Foot well lighting #08e10-tg7-100
Cargo cover (XMAS is coming hide presents from thieves) #08u35-tgs-110
Curt or Drawtite trailer hitch
Honda trailer harness #08L91-tgs-100
Power tailgate relocate adapter (because of hitch) #08Ltgs-100a

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll go first,
My Must-Haves are:
Rear Cargo Mat (Honda)
Mud Flaps
Rear Bumper Applique:

Non-Honda MUST-Have:
I'm going to need a trailer hitch. Anybody tried to have one installed when making a deal, especially a phone deal? If I called in the morning (weekday), negotiated a deal to p/u later that same day, would they be able to get it installed? 99% chance I'll be buying out of town, which is why I'm asking.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm going to need a trailer hitch. Anybody tried to have one installed when making a deal, especially a phone deal? If I called in the morning (weekday), negotiated a deal to p/u later that same day, would they be able to get it installed? 99% chance I'll be buying out of town, which is why I'm asking.
I would think the limiting factor is if they have the hitch in stock? A larger dealership may be able to get it installed while you wait.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The good and the bad seem to go together.
It's great that we can get $6,000 off of MSRP right now in late Oct, but the dealership is not making the thousands of dollars in profit that they want to, so they're sticking to the full retail prices, on installed accessories.

My salesman will let me use his employee discount to get 20% off non-installed parts.
That would be fine, if there was a large item that an online OEM Honda store wouldn't ship.
There are quite a few online Honda OEM parts stores that offer 32% off of everything (that they are willing to ship).

www dot hondapartsdeals dot com Rhode Island

hondapartsunlimited dot com Phoenix, AZ

hondapartssale dot com ?

hondapartsnow dot com ?

hondaoriginalparts dot com Europe

newoempartsonline dot com Savanah, GA

bernardiparts dor com Boston, MASS

hondapartshq dot com Las Vegas, NV

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an ExL and the front passenger seat left arm rest doesn’t adjust like the driver’s side. Do the higher trims have the adjustable one on both sides? Or can you buy an adjustable one for the passenger seat?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts