Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here’s a pic from another post I just responded to. It was a mobile service. Took 1.5 hrs in my office parking lot. Couldn’t be more pleased about it.
B193682D-07BE-4493-84C5-97605CF18F59.jpeg

·
Registered
152 Posts
@Gil you said this was done by a mobile shop? Don't the tires need to come off and then the calipers too to get them painted? Was it all done on the lot and within 1.5 hours? Or did they not take off the calipers? :unsure:

·
Registered
50 Posts
@Gil you said this was done by a mobile shop? Don't the tires need to come off and then the calipers too to get them painted? Was it all done on the lot and within 1.5 hours? Or did they not take off the calipers? :unsure:
They come to you - LIVELIFEPLASTIDIP in SoCal. Here’s pics to answer your other questions?
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
264F41E8-605E-40CC-A37F-F7983F60118E.jpeg
13D448AA-A564-42C3-BBA2-F1DCFFA6CB96.jpeg
A8DD4D40-588E-4925-8C75-AFC3AEE5B1E3.jpeg
365CB014-D715-49D5-8C3B-15285B7D76D5.jpeg

·
Registered
286 Posts
San Dimas - lived there for 3 yrs in the early 70's.

DFW = Dallas Fort Worth

btw, link above doesn't work (but copy/paste will work)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just did one wheel , took me about hour an half . Did all the taping before in certain areas . Then covered with heavy black garbage bags in an around the tire well in case of over spray . Did a total of five coats every 15 mins, with high heat engine spray paint . It turned out very nice . My neighbor who is a retired engineer , an is very clean with everything said it looks like a pro did it . Also I’m a neat freak also . Lol . Here’s a finish pic. Tomorrow I’ll send more pic’s in the process of doing it . Didn’t think about it today sorry .

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
2,255 Posts
[QUOTE="Marv, post: 23087, member: 535
[/QUOTE]

Hey Marv - the painted calibers look great!
I’m thinking about getting my rims and calibers painted as well as the Honda emblems, glossy trim along the front grill and back above the H.

However, any cons to painting the calibers? I’ve heard a few nays on it.

And since I’m in a modern steel color, maybe an amber color for the paint? I have to really look at it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[QUOTE="Marv, post: 23087, member: 535

I’m thinking about getting my rims and calibers painted as well as the Honda emblems, glossy trim along the front grill and back above the H.

And since I’m in a modern steel color, maybe an amber color for the paint? I have to really look at it.
[/QUOTE]
In 2 yrs you will be looking with envy for your next car.

·
Super Moderator
2,255 Posts

In 2 yrs you will be looking with envy for your next car.
[/QUOTE]

I tend to keep my Honda’s for a long time. All of these went from one to the next!

1989 CRX - silver
1994 Civic Sedan - silver
1996 Civic Coupe EX - silver
2006 CRV-EX - metallic silver moss
2019 AWD Passport Elite - modern steel

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey ProdGirl, so far no regrets on the painted calipers . If I do down the road , it’s not the end of the world. I’ve done lots worse in my life . Go for it .you sound like a great person . ??

·
Super Moderator
2,255 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts