Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
827 Posts
I opened the hood and dug my thumb nail in and scrapped off a dime sized section, over by the battery. I bought some touch up and covered that dime sized gray primer.
The white paint inside the engine bay doesn't look like the pearl on the body, but I think that it's just the lighting.
The engine compartment does not get the pearl coat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious what other owners experiences are with paint quality and durability, especially scratch and chip resistance. Just bought an AWD Touring and am considering paint protection film for the front half.
As an automotive paint professional, I can easily tell you that, in general, Japanese makes' paints (including Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Mazda) have lower chipping and oxidation resistance than German makes'. The average paint thickness is low too. In today's economy (chip shortage, lack of inventory, high prices etc.), paint protection film on new cars are getting more and more popular.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Out of all the autos I have financed or leased over the years, my PassPorts paint is getting wrecked by chips the most. I wish I would have done the clear wrap thing in certain places now, not sure why Honda is cheaping out (or maybe they always have?) but it’s not the end of the world! Still love the car, just gives me a little negative feeling / add something else to the list that shouldn’t be an issue on such an expensive vehicle.

·
Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
411 Posts
I posted this in another thread recently:

"I hand washed my Passport yesterday and did a lot of bug scrubbing on the front end. I came to find out that I have several rock chips in the paint on the bumper, hood, fenders, etc as well as chips in multiple plastic pieces. Nothing that I can really do about it as I don't want to use touch up paint or have anything sanded.

Our cars are going to have scars... "

I will say from having worked at a Honda dealership that it was commonly acknowledged that Honda paint is soft and we had a lot of customers that complained about durability issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Curious what other owners experiences are with paint quality and durability, especially scratch and chip resistance. Just bought an AWD Touring and am considering paint protection film for the front half.
Ceramic coated mine. chemically bonds to the paint, brings up the clear coat strength by 50%, almost as hard as a diamond. protects against oxidation, bird crap, sap, fading and you’ll never have to wax your vehicle again. No re-apply and it’s guaranteed for 10 years

·
Registered
2022 Passport Elite Radiant Red
9 Posts
Ceramic coated mine. chemically bonds to the paint, brings up the clear coat strength by 50%, almost as hard as a diamond. protects against oxidation, bird crap, sap, fading and you’ll never have to wax your vehicle again. No re-apply and it’s guaranteed for 10 years
Good info. What brand did you use?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts