Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found this the other day, right above the wheel well. It’s tiny but I’m concerned about rust, etc. I haven’t hit anything but no idea if something happened in a parking lot. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I have no idea where this came from. Thinking I can just touch it up…anyone have any thoughts?
Grille Automotive lighting Hood Rectangle Automotive tire

·
Registered
533 Posts
Probably a factory defect, it's not uncommon but most dealers catch such and fix immediately vehicles arrive from the factory. I suggest you take your vehicle to the dealer or a body shop and get it fixed before before moisture/corrosion attacks the metal.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,618 Posts
to me, it looks like someone opened a car door against yours.

It started out making minimal contact (on the right) and as the door opened more, it made more contact, until it was at its full apex, (on the left) which is when it made the most contact and caused the most damage..

I'd get some touch up paint and get down there and touch it up, after removing the flakes..

After a while you'll forget about it.. (as long as it doesn't rust)...

Reactions: Redval

·
Registered
533 Posts
to me, it looks like someone opened a car door against yours.

It started out making minimal contact (on the right) and as the door opened more, it made more contact, until it was at its full apex, (on the left) which is when it made the most contact and caused the most damage..

I'd get some touch up paint and get down there and touch it up, after removing the flakes..

After a while you'll forget about it.. (as long as it doesn't rust)...
I think you are correct but the flaking suggests there is an existing defect in that area before a car door or a grocery cart scrapped against it, possibly a paint bubble. Bubbling or flaking even with contact are signs of a paint defect.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,618 Posts
I think you are correct but the flaking suggests there is an existing defect in that area before a car door or a grocery cart scrapped against it, possibly a paint bubble. Bubbling or flaking even with contact are signs of a paint defect.
Unless the car door making contact had a rough/sharp edge...

Reactions: fx_chip

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. It’s so tiny I think I can touch it up myself. I was worried about defects. Of course, I found it right before we left for vacation…in Florida. Maybe i can find some clear nail polish to hold me over….

1 - 9 of 9 Posts