Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

For those of you that (1) purchased a new Passport, and (2) used Honda Financing for the loan, what percentage rate did you get?

Everyone's credit is different so the rates will vary, of course, but I'm curious to see what % is being given since there are no "finance incentives" by Honda.

Thanks! :)

· Registered
206 Posts
5.14% on 60 months. Guess my credit wasn't as good as I thought compared to what you guys are getting. Better pay down those credit card balances...

· Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I'll go through my credit union instead of with the Honda dealer since it looks like I can get a pretty good rate from them. Also, the Honda dealer said they send the loan app to 20 different banks, and I'm not sure that's the best idea since I think it affects your credit score.

· Registered
59 Posts
3.9% for 72 months. My FICO was 833 at the time and my last loan 18 months prior this was for 3.49% 72 from Chase so I was ok with the 3.9% from Honda financial given that rates have gone up a couple of points in the past year.

At 60 months or less you can usually get at least a full point better. Interest rate on a monthly basis is not huge amount of money per point. When you cut it down to a 3 year loan yes now you're really talking about low interest offers but that's what $1600 per month? You can be driving a Mercedes or an RRS for that kind of money. There's nothing wrong with a Passport but for $1600 per month I'd have a hard time making that 'compute'.

· Registered
163 Posts
4.89 % for two years last week when buying a 2023 HR-V. Taken out to get Honda loyalty $500 off purchase price. Must finance at least $7500 and make payments for at least 6 months. I will be paying out in month 7. COB about $180.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts