Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is hot outside but the AC is not even close to cold after driving for a while. It is somewhere between warm - cool ...

Took it to the dealer. I was told AC was re-charged ... I asked why ? Does the car have leaks ? .. was told that it was overcharged which caused leaks...

Does this make any sense to anyone ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Maybe the tech meant to say undercharged because if the A/C were overcharged aside not feeling cold air what you will also notice the A/C compressor kicking in and out rapidly and continuously due to the out of spec refrigerant pressure within the system.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picked up the car. The AC feels better. The invoice just states compressor/belts and all related stuff was checked. No problems found but for some reason they re-charged. Somewhat concerned what future will hold ..The interface person was gone for the day and no one really else to talk to. I dont really think they would know. My bet is they look at their data base and "if customer complains about X , do Y" type of approach at least first couple visits.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Picked up the car. The AC feels better. The invoice just states compressor/belts and all related stuff was checked. No problems found but for some reason they re-charged. Somewhat concerned what future will hold ..The interface person was gone for the day and no one really else to talk to. I dont really think they would know. My bet is they look at their data base and "if customer complains about X , do Y" type of approach at least first couple visits.
If its undercharged, you can add R1234yf if its a little low. If its overcharged, you evac and recharge. I have to make an appointment for our 21 Elite. AC doesn't get super cold, Gonna have them check whenI bring in for oil change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts