Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank goodness I have an old Garmin hand held CPSmap 60CSx and a slightly newer nuvi 2589LMT. These units have never lost their way. The 60CSx can still get me within 20 feet of a geocache and the nuvi never has me driving through buildings in the middle of town. The Garmin in the 2019 Honda Elite is the entertainment feature :):):). Totally unreliable. In the past the Honda/Garmin has shown me flying at altitudes of over 12,000 feet above sea level somewhere over the east slopes of the Cascade Mountains.
Today while in town at an altitude near 4240 feet above sea level I took this jpeg using the smartphone. The Elite was nowhere near that location. Next time while flying a normally asperated gasoline motor in the Elite at 12,000 feet above sea level and no breathing oxygen, I'll post that jpeg...…...happens often.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My Garmin remote gps takes me thru a couple of neighborhoods instead of taking me left then right, for two blocks.
It avoids left turns and that's fine, when I'm in a familiar area and I know better than to trust it.
I have the tomtom app on my phone and use the PP carplay, now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts