Honda Passport Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
For those interested I did a modification found on the Honda Pilot Forum and have it posted in the link below. It works great. Cost less than $25

·
Registered
191 Posts
For those interested I did a modification found on the Honda Pilot Forum and have it posted in the link below. It works great. Cost less than $25

I found a interesting thing idle stop, no need to do anything. Mine if I start the car then put the seat belt on it doesn't work. if I latch the seat belt first then start it, it will work......

·
Registered
380 Posts
I found a interesting thing idle stop, no need to do anything. Mine if I start the car then put the seat belt on it doesn't work. if I latch the seat belt first then start it, it will work......
Wow, I'll have to try this on mine.

If it works for all of us, I nominate this for post of the year! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was on my way up to Honda to get it checked out why it wasn't working. I for a change put my seat belt on first, and it worked at every stop light and sign. I turned around and headed home and stopped and shut the car off and started it then put my seat belt on and it didn't work. stopped again shut it off and put the seat belt on and started it and it worked again. I hope it works for you

·
Registered
380 Posts
:confused: No luck in my case. The auto shutoff worked whether I started the car first or fastened the seat belt first. Oh well, at least I still have the defeat button.

·
Registered
162 Posts
:confused: No luck in my case. The auto shutoff worked whether I started the car first or fastened the seat belt first. Oh well, at least I still have the defeat button.
Set the timer for several minutes and try again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m wondering if anyone else has had the following issue along with whether or not you had it successfully addressed and how. This has occurred at least twice after driving the PP (Touring FWD 2019) for at least 2 hours. When the engine re-starts while at a stop (auto engine idle stop is on), the infotainment unit goes dead. I pulled over at least twice turned off the engine, disconnect smartphone from unit, restarted the car, etc. to no avail. The only thing that seems to have fixed it is to park the car and after seating overnight the next morning the infotainment unit works again. Honda couldn’t replicate problem so they can’t fix it. Thank you for your input in advance.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
I’m wondering if anyone else has had the following issue along with whether or not you had it successfully addressed and how. This has occurred at least twice after driving the PP (Touring FWD 2019) for at least 2 hours. When the engine re-starts while at a stop (auto engine idle stop is on), the infotainment unit goes dead. I pulled over at least twice turned off the engine, disconnect smartphone from unit, restarted the car, etc. to no avail. The only thing that seems to have fixed it is to park the car and after seating overnight the next morning the infotainment unit works again. Honda couldn’t replicate problem so they can’t fix it. Thank you for your input in advance.
Have you installed the software update and had the recall on the gauge cluster done?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Our Passport uses a different wire compared to the Pilot.
I did mine, but can't find the thread with the Passport colors.

Reactions: Moab Junky

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am in the habit of turning it off along with turning on lane assist on every start. We don’t have long waits at lights in Montana and the minuscule amount of gas I save will surely come back as shortened life of battery and starter. Dumb ’feature’ to me.
Bingo. Let's see, save a cup of fuel every week or use my starter dozens of extra times each hour of driving.
No brainer, turn the stupid thing off EVERY time you start the engine. It should default off, or have a selectable switch.

Reactions: ProdGirl
61 - 75 of 75 Posts