Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
PP on/off is much less aggressive than the BMW one I had before, my BMW shut down at almost every stop, the PP only does it about 1 in 5 stops. It is not a big gas saver and it used to bug me but after 5 years of having it, I just don't worry about it. Let it do its thing and after a while, you won't even notice it, much ado about something pretty minor

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
So it’s been about 3 weeks since my famed idle/stop feature worked...today, it was back!
What is the deal with this feature working or not working consistently?

Personally, after five months I am STILL not a fan of it!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am in the habit of turning it off along with turning on lane assist on every start. We don’t have long waits at lights in Montana and the minuscule amount of gas I save will surely come back as shortened life of battery and starter. Dumb ’feature’ to me.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Darn little according to this:

The fuel gets burned while idling is a known fact but how much is used, is the question here. A study points out at the fact that the rate of fuel consumption while idling depends from car to car. Generally, an idling car uses somewhere between 1/5 to 1/7 gallon of fuel per hour.
source: https://carfromjapan.com/article/car-maintenance/how-much-gas-does-idling-use/

So, how many hours a day/week/month do you spend at a dead stop idling?

I’ve always felt this ’feature’ was a joke. Now I’m convinced. I doubt I’d save a gallon a year.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My Passport has programmed me to turn off the "auto stop" feature, as soon as I hear a clunk.
When I driving along and hit a bump in the road, I reach for the "off" button.
When I'm listening to SiriusXM and it skips out, I reach for the "off" button.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's simple to turn it off permanently, yet in a reversible way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's simple to turn it off permanently, yet in a reversible way.

TELL US HOW???
Thank You

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank You hondo...Now could you please tell me/us the location of this plug??? And do you just do a jumper from the Yellow to the Green??? larryd

·
Registered
53 Posts
The steps are detailed in the thread on this topic at piloteers.org
I worked long and hard on this yesterday...The Passport has a BLACK wire in the plug where the Pilot has a GREEN wire...Using the same 2 ports in the Passport plug and hooking those wires together does NOT keep the auto stop start turned off...I check the switch with ohm meter and they are the correct 2 ports...If you hold the auto stop start switch in manually it will NOT keep the ASS off...The way the system now works on the Passport is when the switch is pushed it momentarily flashes something somewhere that's at the other end of that black wire and that is how the ASS system is activated or deactivated, by a flash NOT a constant supply of voltage...

I'm not done with this challenge yet...But I need to talk to some people way smarter than me...I will report back if I can get this accomplished...

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
I worked long and hard on this yesterday...The Passport has a BLACK wire in the plug where the Pilot has a GREEN wire...Using the same 2 ports in the Passport plug and hooking those wires together does NOT keep the auto stop start turned off...I check the switch with ohm meter and they are the correct 2 ports...If you hold the auto stop start switch in manually it will NOT keep the ASS off...The way the system now works on the Passport is when the switch is pushed it momentarily flashes something somewhere that's at the other end of that black wire and that is how the ASS system is activated or deactivated, by a flash NOT a constant supply of voltage...

I'm not done with this challenge yet...But I need to talk to some people way smarter than me...I will report back if I can get this accomplished...
Yikes...you are brave!
I hope you have a tow truck on standby...

·
Registered
425 Posts

Do you have a picture of the backside of the connector showing the wires?

·
Registered
425 Posts
https://www.piloteers.org/threads/permanently-disable-auto-stop-start.157665/

Above is the link to the Pilot ones...On my Passport the Green wire is replaced with a Black wire...Everything else is exactly the same...larryd
So there’s two black wires on one connector?

It looks like one is for the auto idle stop ground and the other is for the terrain switch ground. The yellow wire shows to be the signal wire back to the gauge control module. What voltage do you show at the yellow wire with the switch connected?

***On the pilot the green wire had 12v (ignition power) and the yellow wire (signal wire back to gauge control module) needed the 12v for auto idle stop to be OFF. The switch connected these two circuits when pressed. This is why on the pilot you had to connect those two wires.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts