Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have not discovered a way to keep the engine on/off idle defaulted to off. Why should this kind of a feature be so hard. I have to turn it off each time car is started. ☹

·
Registered
53 Posts
SmartStopStart.com makes devises to turn these system off but NOT for Honda's ...I had one on my 2018 Wrangler JL...
My 2018 Ridgeline is also defaulted to off...
I wish our Passport was...
When someone gets it figured out ours will be turned off...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SmartStopStart.com makes devises to turn these system off but NOT for Honda's ...I had one on my 2018 Wrangler JL...
My 2018 Ridgeline is also defaulted to off...
I wish our Passport was...
When someone gets it figured out ours will be turned off...
.......and we’ll all trade in again. Haha!

·
Registered
15 Posts
It will also turn off automatically if your temperature is set to LO. Even if the fan is off, I've noticed that the auto idle doesn't turn on as long as the original temp setting was LO. I was trying to opposite and get it to turn on and couldn't figure out why it wasn't turning on until I raised the temperature by 1 degree to 58. Idle on started again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It will also turn off automatically if your temperature is set to LO. Even if the fan is off, I've noticed that the auto idle doesn't turn on as long as the original temp setting was LO. I was trying to opposite and get it to turn on and couldn't figure out why it wasn't turning on until I raised the temperature by 1 degree to 58. Idle on started again.
Brrrrrrr. Sounds like it's cold in your Passport when you drive around. I keep mine at 70 year round.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brrrrrrr. Sounds like it's cold in your Passport when you drive around. I keep mine at 70 year round.
It actually still works if your AC is not on. So you can turn off your AC and set it to LO and the Idle won't work. I guess I'm warm blooded, always have it set around 60.

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
Anyone come across a way to permanently disable this stupid feature?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I turn my stop start off every time because when it is on I get a CLUNK just about every time I start to go. It does not sound good, going to stop by dealer to see what they say about the clunk.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I also hear a sound that I would describe as a soft clunk whenever the engine starts up again. It’s no more noticeable than the auto-start on my wife’s Mercedes. If I’m listening to the stereo, I can’t hear it at all.

Really, the only time it bothers me is when the engine goes off and it’s 100+ outside. The a/c blows a little less cooler, so I find myself disengaging the auto-start when I know I’m going to be in city traffic on a hot day. Otherwise, it’s not that noticeable to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i keep my ac on low in rear as welll as passenger side

when that does not work i do the above AND put in s instead of D

when I forget the above and it stops..i hit the auto off button...

maybe maybe 1 time a week now

it should be opt in instead of opt out!!!! or at least ability to totally disengage it

ymmv

1 - 20 of 61 Posts