Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fastest speed you have seen on your digital speedometer?

I rarely drive freeways, but did hit 74mph yesterday! (not fast I know)

(Canadian owners: Please convert to MPH, no cheating with KPH...lol)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Interstate speed limits in Montana, Idaho and Utah are 80 MPH. That means we drive 85 ...... or so.

Reactions: Beachbum07

·
461 Posts
I’m soon going to have my basket on top so can’t drive too fast without the noise getting to me so will stay close to 75??/ I have done 85 on the highway without a problem in the PP / now I know why I get crap mileage as my eyes have been opened ???

·
Registered
43 Posts
It handles very well at high speeds. It is super stable and barely working at 90. I have no desire to go any faster. I used to cruise around 80 in my ridgeline but it didn't want to live there. The passport is so stable, quiet, and smooth that I don't notice that I've crept up to 90.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hello Sgt. Callahan, rest assured I have no intention of pushing my new PP to that speed, despite its undoubted ability to attain it. At my age (70) 112mph is a bit risky, not to mention illegal in all 50 states. Thanks for the advisory.
Elite
Luna Silver Metallic

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,391 Posts
I hit 79 on my way to the beach in Ventura yesterday. There was zero traffic and my Passport was such a smooth ride, I didn't feel it. Still under 1000 miles though (978) so don't want to break any records!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I may or may not have accidentally hit the speed limiter.
On a related note, I drive from Cheyenne to Denver every Friday and one weekend a month for reserves, at 85 indicated I’m still getting 24-25mpg. Will be doing mpg tests using 91 octane as well as pure gas at different speeds going with and against the wind(Wyoming the wind is always blowing).

·
Registered
197 Posts
The cruise control may or may not top out at 90mph ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've noticed at high speeds, e.g. 85, my Elite is such a smooth vehicle to ride in. It appears to be quite stable with little response to side winds when they occur. Looking forward to many years of such driving enjoyment.
Same here. Got it to 85/90 and smooth as butter.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport EX-L
8 Posts
Was able to hit 100+ on an open parkway. Only thing that sucks is the gas mileage after you hit 85+

·
Registered
39 Posts
Will be doing mpg tests using 91 octane as well as pure gas at different speeds going with and against the wind.
I appreciate your spirit of investigation, but you're wasting your time. Any gain in HP or MPG falls way short of the extra money spent on higher octane.

·
Registered
38 Posts
111 and it had just shifted.... felt like I could have easily got it up to 120+ (unless a governor kicked in) if I had more room. Still felt smooth at 100+ too!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts