Registered
77 Posts
This video has a few bits of invaluable information. Right away:
- J-Sport skid plate fits Passport
- One can get a decent gas mileage with A/T tires

·
Registered
272 Posts
This video gives a good indication of what the Passport can do. Its not a rock crawler but handled these rocky trails and snow well, so will get the vast majority of people who venture off paved roads where they want to go with the ability to get out of challenging traction situations.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great to see that some owners are already out there testing the Passports off road prowess. I wonder how many people will in fact come over from Subaru just to get away from those CVT's. Won't be long until we start seeing aftermarket lift kits.

·
Super Moderator
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, yead David, and this was filmed about 3 hours away from you, are you familiar with Lone Pine and the 395? That's where I plan on taking mine...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Cool video, I’m a wimp, I would do this to my Passport.

·
627 Posts
Awesome thanks for posting here - I wish my routes were this picturesque - I so cant wait to play with this Passport as I sit here as it’s like -21 out feels like temp and I’m chomping at the bit... 😂

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh, yead David, and this was filmed about 3 hours away from you, are you familiar with Lone Pine and the 395? That's where I plan on taking mine...
Looking to head to Lone Pines next weekend to try out my first experience with trailer camping in the Passport. I'll post pictures and my review after.

·
Registered
3 Posts

At 16:45 the PP is able to get through a pretty tough obstacle. Granted it is pretty modified (bigger A/T tires and a cut bumper allow for nearly 2x improved approach angle). Still a testament to the iVTM system.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I lived in Bishop for twelve years. This looks familiar. Never went off road while there; had a Pilot AWD the last eight months I lived there.
I’m hoping I’m gonna love my Passport!

·
Super Moderator
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello ris002, very cool, I still have not been able to take my Passport up to Bishop this fishing season, but I still may be able to squeeze in a trip...

enjoy your new PP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts