Honda Passport Forum banner

301 - 320 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 Passport at my local dealership with 18" BBS SR on 265/60/18 Yokohama Geolander A/Ts. Doesn't appear to have any rubbing on the inside of the fenders but I doubt this display vehicle gets driven much.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,897 Posts
NEVER buy a new vehicle with dealer installed wheels, tires, rack basket or anything as far as that goes,
Right, and those BBS wheel cost big bucks, which the dealer doubles or triples, I bet that "Off Road" package shown is at least $6k....

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
155 Posts
Most individuals are on a budget including myself when shopping for a vehicle, however some are blessed to have unlimited funds and buy whatever they want. I never judge how people spend their money. BBS wheels are very nice!

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L
105 Posts
Dealerships that install addons are the ones to stay away from
It certainly raises a red flag, sure. However, the dealership that I've purchased 5 Honda's from went through a weird, but brief, phase where they were adding pinstripes to every used car on the lot with a $275 'accessory fee'. They've since knocked that crap off, but I'd hate to have written the entire dealership off over that. I get the best deals and service from them every time I'm in the market.

At the end of the day, car dealers are gonna be car dealers. They're all wont to do some dumb shit from time to time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It certainly raises a red flag, sure. However, the dealership that I've purchased 5 Honda's from went through a weird, but brief, phase where they were adding pinstripes to every used car on the lot with a $275 'accessory fee'. They've since knocked that crap off, but I'd hate to have written the entire dealership off over that. I get the best deals and service from them every time I'm in the market.

At the end of the day, car dealers are gonna be car dealers. They're all wont to do some dumb shit from time to time.
I realize they’re a business but when I can watch a 20 minute video on YouTube, titled “10 thing to know when purchasing a new car” to lower the price of my wife’s TLX A-Spec $7000, I’m going save me some money, I guess it’s the Swiss in me.

When I bought my PP the dealer installed the 3M tape to the edge of the doors and in the door handle area for the low price of $675 installed, I told them to take it off because when I get that’s the first coming off, they didn’t even bother and removed the $675 charge. The dealer mentioned they do that on all of their cars.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im running 255/60/18 on ridgeline rims on my EXL. Speedo is a little off but not enough to bother with and I don’t know why everyone is so OCD about load calculators and stickers. If they dont rub it doesnt really matter. Any 18-20” light truck tire can handle the PP’s weight just fine.

Also, StephenD, wheel offset does not affect ride height.

To the guy with the lift kit, I’d be more worried about rubbing on the inner fender due to width rather than height of the tire. I’d stick to the same sizes most of us are using but be glad you can probably get lower offset aftermarket rims.
You never clarified if your Ridgeline 18'' wheels and 255/60/18 tires rub during full lockup. Inquiring minds want to know. 🤓

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite Lunar Silver Metallic/Black
36 Posts
Do you have the exact Rims and Tires for this? I am very interested in this set up, also with a update on ride quality and MPGs

Here are some "action" shots of the LT255/65R-17 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 D tires on KMC KM708 17x8 wheels on a 2019 Passport Elite. As mentioned previously, I have no rubbing with this setup, even at full lock.

I aired down to around 17-18 PSI for this drive up Webster Pass in CO. They performed wonderfully!
View attachment 7736
View attachment 7737
View attachment 7738

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! These are 265/60R18 Nitto Ridge Grappler in the aggressive orientation.
Has anyone else experienced 265/60/18?
Im thinking of putting a set of BFG KO2 on stock ridgeline 18s and wondering what the rub would be.

Too bad the ko2 dont come in 255/60/18 as they seem to be more durable offroad vs the nittos. I am buying this set to be more specifically AT oriented so the better road manners of the nittos dont matter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone else experienced 265/60/18?
Im thinking of putting a set of BFG KO2 on stock ridgeline 18s and wondering what the rub would be.

Too bad the ko2 dont come in 255/60/18 as they seem to be more durable offroad vs the nittos. I am buying this set to be more specifically AT oriented so the better road manners of the nittos dont matter.
I have 265/60 18’s on mine. Falken wild peaks. I have not noticed any rubbing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So is there general consensus now that 265/60/18 wont rub?

I checked this forum over a year ago and at the time the safe limit was agreed to be 255/60/18 but maybe there's more data to support 265? A sticky would be very helpful for this info too. I'm thinking 265s will vary by the tire model and something like the BFG KO2's might rub given how blocky they are.

·
Registered
65 Posts

I checked this forum over a year ago and at the time the safe limit was agreed to be 255/60/18 but maybe there's more data to support 265? A sticky would be very helpful for this info too. I'm thinking 265s will vary by the tire model and something like the BFG KO2's might rub given how blocky they are.
You are correct, not all 265/60 tires are the same. Wheel offset may make a difference too. Someone that has done the math can weigh in on that.

·
Registered
2019 PP Tourite
33 Posts

Some rub, some don’t. If you stick with the brands people say don’t rub, they won’t rub.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like I might have to be the guinea pig for 265/60/18 BFG KO2s then. I'm thinking there's a good chance they will rub..then again on stock offset Ridgeline wheels they have the best chances of not. Ice buildup is my biggest concern with so much rubber, but I have a blizzak set as well.

Has anyone tried KO2s on a PP at all?

·
Registered
2019 PP Tourite
33 Posts
Looks like I might have to be the guinea pig for 265/60/18 BFG KO2s then. I'm thinking there's a good chance they will rub..then again on stock offset Ridgeline wheels they have the best chances of not. Ice buildup is my biggest concern with so much rubber, but I have a blizzak set as well.

Has anyone tried KO2s on a PP at all?
Somewhere on here someone mentioned a tire vendor website that shows the true actual tire diameter. That site would probably help you figure out if the BFG’s would fit in comparison to Continentals and others that don’t rub.

301 - 320 of 323 Posts