Honda Passport Forum banner

241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great! I am a huge fan of white lettering on the tires. I also like the wheels!😂 I will probably get 245s ATs once my OEMs are worn out. I can't wait.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
9 Posts
I know researching this one was a challenge, so I figured I'd give back to the community a bit with a bunch of photos and details. I hope the information is helpful for you and others to come. Enjoy your Passport!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,569 Posts
Those look great!
What do they look like with the center cap?

Reactions: tykurez

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
Looks good, if you leave the red showing (without the center cap) I'm thinking it would even cooler with some red Rotors!

·
Registered
2020 Lunar Silver EXL
16 Posts
These look great! Im looking at the same size but with a York / Trailpeak combo. Couple questions, is this OEM suspension? and are you experiencing any rubbing? Congrats on your set up.
Stock suspension, rubbing at full lock in reverse but otherwise it’s completely fine.

Trying to get better pictures but it’s been rainy here in the NE, couple more below. I like the +36 offset, it fills out the wheel well better width-wise.

The road noise was definitely noticeable coming from the stock tires but after a few days I’m not noticing it anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,569 Posts
This is them on a RAV, but to show what they look like with the cap on ... with the offset they are on the Passport it just sticks out too much.
I think they look better without the cap.

Reactions: tykurez

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
I agree about having caps that stick out, strange, my Black Rhino's came with a very recessed cap, I wonder if it would fit?

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
18 Posts
Got the rest installed and am really happy with the final results! Here are some photos.
View attachment 7196 View attachment 7197 View attachment 7198 View attachment 7199 View attachment 7200 View attachment 7201
These are my first pair of A/T tires ever, and I drove about 10 miles, so take my very anecdotal and inexperienced feedback with a healthy grain of salt. Compared to the OEM wheels and tires, I noticed more road noise (but by no means annoying or off-putting), a similar smoothness (couldn't tell that these were an aggressive tread tire by the feel of the drive), and a bit less responsiveness at highway speeds while turning (felt like it would "float" a little bit more before initiating the turn). None of these differences are major or off-putting to me. YMMV. Overall, I'm very happy with the setup!
Love the tire and wheel combo!! Do the tires fit flush or poke out? Speedometer off a little?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does anyone know if they make snow tires with that aggressiveness of a tread?
I have found Bridgestone Blizzaks to be the absolute best snow and ice tire ever made. I bought an extra set of wheels with Blizzaks mounted on them for my two CRV's. I put them on and off several times in the winter.
Simply amazing tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are some "action" shots of the LT255/65R-17 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 D tires on KMC KM708 17x8 wheels on a 2019 Passport Elite. As mentioned previously, I have no rubbing with this setup, even at full lock.

I aired down to around 17-18 PSI for this drive up Webster Pass in CO. They performed wonderfully!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love the tire and wheel combo!! Do the tires fit flush or poke out? Speedometer off a little?
@User Name Error I can't recall the exact error, but yes I believe the speedometer is off by about 2 mph at max highway speeds. That wasn't enough to bother me. The wheels and tires do not poke out at all. Glad you enjoyed!

·
Registered
2019 Elite Black Forest
77 Posts
Looks Great! Nice trip for the Passport up Webster Pass. I haven't had my PP up there but drove up a few years ago. Nice exploring. Could you see any of the fires?

·
Registered
2020 Lunar Silver EXL
16 Posts
Here are some "action" shots of the LT255/65R-17 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 D tires on KMC KM708 17x8 wheels on a 2019 Passport Elite. As mentioned previously, I have no rubbing with this setup, even at full lock.

I aired down to around 17-18 PSI for this drive up Webster Pass in CO. They performed wonderfully!
Jealous of that terrain! Lucky to get 4,000 ft of elevation here in the northeast.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
2 Posts
I've decided to give something totally new a try: Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail. These are a "new" class of tire tailored to the crossover. Cooper has a similar tire that has been out a little longer but the Falken has slightly better specifications and is less expensive. I am not sure but these particular Falkens started shipping earlier in 2019 (spring/summer-ish).

The size is 255 /50 R20, which makes the tire a full 30 inches in diameter which is 0.6 inches bigger than the OEM size and 0.4 inches narrower (see calculator).
They are all-season trail tires, with an extreme weather rating for snow. Details found here.

I had hoped Tirerack would have done their full testing on this set but they haven't yet. The full truck variant of the tire does seem to test extremely well (way better than the OEM tire in all categories), and various online reviews have all said these are great tires. I got these through my local Discount Tire (they are a surprisingly awesome tire place despite the name).

I expect them to be noisier. I measured on the OEM tires 61db in the cabin cruising at 60 MPH. I'll be driving the same stretch of road next week and I'll measure the noise level again with the Falkens.

General use outside of pavement will be lite offroad on Colorado forestry roads and surrounding areas. I once had a full-on trail vehicle (a Toyota FJ Cruiser, lifted, armored, and with winches) that was fun but horrible to drive, and the PP is in no way a replacement but is a means as a regular dog(s) hauler and a weekend car camping vehicle. I think it will do well.

As for the OEM tires... it was a little embarrassing the other week we got ~20 inches of snow and I was nearly stuck pulling into a parking lot when a Subaru with trail tires zipped right around me with no issue ?

Maybe I'll post more photos later. It is supposed to snow this weekend so I may have an idea of the snow performance compared to the OEM soon too.

View attachment 4567
Hey there, I’m looking at this setup. How did it work out for you? Would you purchase again?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just installed the "LT255/65R-17 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 D" tires on KMC KM708 17x8 wheels on a 2019 Passport Elite and have no rubbing. At its closest point during full lock, there's maybe 3/16" of clearance at the tire's closest point.
View attachment 7187 View attachment 7188 View attachment 7189 View attachment 7190 View attachment 7191 View attachment 7192 View attachment 7193

Thanks for sharing, looking to go with the same tire and wheel offset combination. I am assuming no lift kit?

241 - 260 of 260 Posts