Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Check YouTube channel Driving Sports TV, it’s a channel where Ryan test drives as many SUV’s “off-road” and gives his review. It sounds like he lives in the Snoqualmie pass area and in his videos it looks like he knows of some roads in that area.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
469 Posts
It is the source of tap water for plenty of us living in Snohomish side of Bothell all the way to Everett, so glad it is very clean!

Definitely need to make a return to the lake. We still need to do a Passport meetup!
We need to do the first PNW meetup! Would a Sunday work? Mid-day? Pub? Which area? Should we create a new post?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We need to do the first PNW meetup! Would a Sunday work? Mid-day? Pub? Which area? Should we create a new post?
I am always up for a beer. I would suggest mid-week for a brewery/pub event and weekend for a drive event. Are you thinking a local meet up (Snohomish and/or King County) or a broader meetup (WA state)?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I did a local exploratory ride to Skykomish (Beckler Rd trails). I went up NF-6520 to the top of the left fork (Johnson Ridge Trailhead) and right fork which lead to the top of NF-6520. The right fork was more fun and a lot more steap. There was an opportunity to three-wheel and a little obstacle course at the top.

·
Registered
248 Posts
@kslu_wa
Now that's what I envisioned when I upgraded to an AWD PP. Roads that were just out of the comfort level with my two (2) 4x2 older vehicles.

Plenty of forest roads like that here in California (and beyond) to explore.

Good for you in getting out there and thanks for sharing those photos.

Edit in: I just showed my wife your post. She really liked the photos and the get out there theme. She knows that's why we got this newer rig until we trade up in about 2 years for the 2022 or 2023 Nissan Frontier Pro4x.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey, I just realized that your photos are of a Pilot.

Bah!

• Haha
Reactions: kslu_wa

·
Registered
Fact? Fiction? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
474 Posts
Did some exploring at Snoqualmie pass around Kacheelis Ridge. Found some views and obstacles
My son is currently hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, from Canada to Mexico. He just went crossed over Blowout Mountain just south of Snoqualmie. Definitely a rugged area.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
676 Posts
Did some exploring at Snoqualmie pass around Kacheelis Ridge. Found some views and obstacles

I also was introduced to a nice route around Green mountain with views and challenging terrain NF-4110
Beautiful!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I completed the route from Greenwater, WA to Stampede Pass to I-90. No views because it was overcast and drizzled a little but the route itself was fun. Mostly gravel roads but 1/3 was on rather chunky rocks. I never felt over my head though with my 2 inch lift. There are dozens of little offshoots along the way to explore. Now I need to go back on a sunny day to get those trophy pictures and enjoy the views:)

I passed a convoy of about 10-12 lifted 4Runners and Tacomas and got a fair share of stares from all the drivers:)

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
469 Posts
Nice! I was also in the stampede area on Sunday exploring. It was 49° degrees that day and I noticed the ATF temp hit 202° (w/ ATF cooler) and Engine 213° going up the mountain. Can only imagine what it would be on a hot day. Anyways, I didn't find the spot I was looking for , but luckily I recorded my route via Gaia and discovered I was only a few miles away before I turned around and headed back. Do you carry any recovery gear with you? I usually have my toddler with me so I'm super cautious about getting stuck with no cell service .😳

21 - 40 of 69 Posts