Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting the oem hitch for the EX-L and was wondering if anyone has gone and done it on their own? Also, it doesn't state on the bernardi site, what size is the receiver? Mostly will be used to mount a bike rack. Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
The receiver is 2x2, make sure you order the replacement rear valence.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The trailer hitch comes with it doesn't it? Thanks
It does come with it. I had mine put on at the dealership at the time of purchase, and that's what they told me.

In fact, they said you cannot buy the valance on its own...you have to get it with the hitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have bought the factory hitch and installed it. It’s fairly simple to put the hitch on. But if you have automatic hatch opener then it becomes a pain. You have to have an additional part for $130.00 and you lose all motion on left side of vehicle to just just a small section on the right side. Had I know all that before I got started I probably would have just left it alone and not had the hitch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a compatible Curt hitch off etrailer instead. Pretty easy to install, hold in place and screw in. It's a bit heavy so definitely need 2-3 people for the job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts