Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a few questions regarding the optional Honda body side moldings. I had them on my 2017 Pilot and installed them in the position Honda said to install, but I felt they were too low. So when I bought the body side moldings for my Passport Touring I installed them about 3" higher than where Honda said to mount them, I think it will give a bit more protection against door dings and I like the look of of them. The car was in need of a good bath when I took these pics.
IMG_5190.jpeg
IMG_5191.jpeg

·
Registered
365 Posts
They are probably standard molding that were mounted high with a local vinyl company adding the Passport and Swish.

·
Registered
577 Posts
They are probably standard molding that were mounted high with a local vinyl company adding the Passport and Swish.
I've seen several photos of the OEM body moldings and they don't look like those in the photo. The ones in the photo have a completely different shape than OEM moldings.

Reactions: rls002

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen several photos of the OEM body moldings and they don't look like those in the photo. The ones in the photo have a completely different shape than OEM moldings.
Those ones that Win posted are aftermarket moldings.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'd like to know where to get them.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Elite AWD & 2007 S2000 AP2
44 Posts
Just installed Honda OEM molding on my new AWD Elite this morning. I too moved it up higher since I feel that the Honda recommendation is just too low to protect the door. I ended up using 3m Blue painters tape to mark the area where I would place the molding. The front door molding was placed 30 inches above ground level to the top of the molding, and then I eyed the rest of it toward the back piece. Took about 1 1/2 to finish it, but most of the time was used figuring out the right placement.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good. I do like these moldings the best. When I installed mine I also raised them up, but I liked it better to follow the raised contour below them.

Reactions: Spaceentity

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also installed mine, but where Honda indicates. If you look a the side profile of the car, that’s the area that sticks out the most.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There have been a few questions regarding the optional Honda body side moldings. I had them on my 2017 Pilot and installed them in the position Honda said to install, but I felt they were too low. So when I bought the body side moldings for my Passport Touring I installed them about 3" higher than where Honda said to mount them, I think it will give a bit more protection against door dings and I like the look of of them. The car was in need of a good bath when I took these pics. View attachment 3409 View attachment 3410
Those look great! I did a lot of research as well and the stock position just doesn’t work! Here’s what I did for mine. Whaddya think?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those look great! I did a lot of research as well and the stock position just doesn’t work! Here’s what I did for mine. Whaddya think? View attachment 8662
Looks good, with all your personal touches “Storm Trooper”

·
Registered
244 Posts
The stock position of the moulding is at the point on the door that sticks out the furthest. IMO, the stock position saves you from making errors when opening the door because the moulding will be the first part to make contact. If you want to save yourself from others, odds are that a higher position is better. I've always installed the mouldings on other Hondas as most of the damage is caused by me opening the door in a tight garage but with the PP, I opted not to install them and instead put an old Odyssey floor matt on the wall in the garage where the door hits.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The stock position of the moulding is at the point on the door that sticks out the furthest. IMO, the stock position saves you from making errors when opening the door because the moulding will be the first part to make contact. If you want to save yourself from others, odds are that a higher position is better. I've always installed the mouldings on other Hondas as most of the damage is caused by me opening the door in a tight garage but with the PP, I opted not to install them and instead put an old Odyssey floor matt on the wall in the garage where the door hits.
If you try opening other car doors beside your Passport, you will see the stock position will not protect your car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts