Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listers,

Coming from the German side of the automotive world and fairly experienced on wrenching myself, I'm currently searching for a code-reading solution (app or hardware reader) that will allow me to pull more than just the standard emissions and sensor codes. An example from the VW/Audi world is the VCDS VAGCOM program and cable combo.

Anyone have a suggestion for the Honda ecosystem?

TIA ,
GG

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can google Honda HDS. I don't think there are any cheap option that will allow you read Honda Custom codes easily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It looks like I can buy an expansion for my Foxwell NT510 scanner, a Chinese scan tool that has various "upgrade" packs for different auto brands. Here's the Honda version on Amazon:

Have attached their Foxwell's list of functionality.

I have the Schwaben-branded version of the NT510 that I bought from ECS Tuning for our X3. It's a bit wonky, but does indeed work for manufacturer-specific items.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Listers,

Coming from the German side of the automotive world and fairly experienced on wrenching myself, I'm currently searching for a code-reading solution (app or hardware reader) that will allow me to pull more than just the standard emissions and sensor codes. An example from the VW/Audi world is the VCDS VAGCOM program and cable combo.

Anyone have a suggestion for the Honda ecosystem?

TIA ,
GG

This is the major thing I miss about not driving a VW or Audi. I used the VAGCOM all the time to personalize my vehicles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts