Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up our Passport EXL pearl white with black leather. I added the rubber floor mats. I think I negotiated a pretty good deal, then they took us in the back and nailed us with extended warranties and I lost every penny I negotiated down. For right around $3k we got six year extended warranty, tire and rim, and paint and interior. I'm not a big fan of insurance and I did it thinking I could always cancel it after. We had a 2004 Odyssey and have not really had any issues what so ever. But we has a base model. The only real reason I agreed with it was because the massive amounts of technology onboard and the fact of the matter that the price tag was double of what I am comfortable spending on a vehicle that just depreciates. But I do love the leather interior. Never had that before. Most likely, this will be our last new car buy. :-/

·
Registered
154 Posts
just picked up our Passport EXL pearl white with black leather. I added the rubber floor mats. I think I negotiated a pretty good deal, then they took us in the back and nailed us with extended warranties and I lost every penny I negotiated down. For right around $3k we got six year extended warranty, tire and rim, and paint and interior. I'm not a big fan of insurance and I did it thinking I could always cancel it after. We had a 2004 Odyssey and have not really had any issues what so ever. But we has a base model. The only real reason I agreed with it was because the massive amounts of technology onboard and the fact of the matter that the price tag was double of what I am comfortable spending on a vehicle that just depreciates. But I do love the leather interior. Never had that before. Most likely, this will be our last new car buy. :-/
You are not clear if you want to cancel the extended warranty or not. If you DO want to cancel the warranty, read you contract. You might very well be allowed to cancel it within a specific number of days of the signing of the contract.

Note All vehicles depreciate.

Why do you plan upon NOT buying a new car? Are you'al over 80 years young?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure they said at Amy point we could cancel the policies as any point and that the unused portions would be refunded. We have a seven year loan and our last Honda lasted us fifteen years and we really didn't have to get rid of it, we could have keep it for another ten or fifteen years. So I figure this new car will take us to the end. . . :-/

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,120 Posts
Hello Mike and Welcome! Great PP, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Now, to your extended warranty issue, if you are the type of person who does not mind paying a ltitle extra for the peace of mind of not having to worry about things going wrong, then by all means keep it.

But if you bought a Honda, in part because of their reliability then by all means cancel and RIGHT NOW!

You could take that $3 grand put it in a new bank account and pay for all your needed non-warranty related repairs and in 5 years, my guess is that there will STILL be money in that account! Money that the dealer would have lined his pockets with...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello Mike and Welcome! Great PP, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Now, to your extended warranty issue, if you are the type of person who does not mind paying a ltitle extra for the peace of mind of not having to worry about things going wrong, then by all means keep it.

But if you bought a Honda, in part because of their reliability then by all means cancel and RIGHT NOW!

You could take that $3 grand put it in a new bank account and pay for all your needed non-warranty related repairs and in 5 years, my guess is that there will STILL be money in that account! Money that the dealer would have lined his pockets with...
You should be able to get the Honda extended warranty for at most $1300,,,,shop around at dealerships throughout the country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts