Honda Passport Forum banner

Honda Quality Concerns Thread

32K views 142 replies 54 participants last post by  myissues 
#1 ·
Honda appears to be on the downslope as respects quality.
Been buying Hondas since 1980...not so sure anymore.

#112 ·
Purchase my Elite in October 2019 and just turned over 33,333 miles today. Had the dreaded stereo issue last year which was eventually fixed by dealer. Other than that zero, yes zero issues since purchase date.

#115 ·
I'm cross shopping at Kia Sorrento/Telluride or even possibly a Hyundai Sante Fe, Suburu Forester??
Really prefer a 6 cyl non turbo and love the space in the Passport but like the tech in the Kia's

Reactions: esto70
#117 ·
Im actually looking at Kia Sorento’s as well. I don’t need the extra room that the telluride has. if you like the Sorento, take a look at the models with the X-Line package. The X-Line package makes the Sorento look very passport like. It has a small lift and some other off road looking goodies. I’m especially fond of the “wolf grey” SX Prestige X-Line version.

#121 · (Edited)
My PP was the first one sold by the local dealer in 2019. I have not had problems like those mentioned here. The fit and finish is fine. I have a couple of annoyances but no real problems. The annoyances are:
1 - tailgate sound is obnoxious
2 - takes too long to shift out of reverse to drive (dangerous actually)
3 - If I stop at a stop sign and know I stopped but start moving immediately, it is like the computer thinks I am still in a higher gear and unless I really depress the gas pedal I only seem to coast for the first second. So if I want to beat a line of traffic say behind a slow-moving vehicle that is coming towards me I need to take into consideration I either floor the gas pedal or risk my life if I move forward. (This of course is if I am in ECON mode)
4 - The Honda App and On-star equivalent are worthless.

#123 ·
No clunk, you have not replaced you battery? got mine done a year or so ago, (under warranty), they gave me an upgraded one...

How's the weather there? cold?

#124 ·
So many of us had the clunk, it couldn’t recall if you did as well

I only had the battery replaced after it died in my garage the day after I bought it, so they said…the dealer had to jump start me, I drove to them and they told me most likely it was dead from no mileage.

And yes! Snow flurries yesterday, ice today and probably tomorrow. 🥶🥶
Just offered RER to trade Miami for here for a week, so they can check out their heated steering wheel!

Font Software Screenshot Technology Electronic device

Reactions: stevenD
#133 ·
Just picked up a 22 trail sport and only thing so far is the drivers side rear door card has some weird spots on it that will not come off.

I am hesitant to complain because last time I had an issues with something simple the tech that fixed it did thousands of dollars worth of damage to a brand new cars interior.

#134 ·
What is a door card??

#136 ·
looks like a small scratch on the door opener too?

#142 ·
I can truly say this is my 4th Honda and my last. I paid 52k for a 2024 PP Black Edition. During delivery was advised all advanced features would go live when we synced with our phones. I guess that would be true is the communication computer (TCU) was working. Currently 6 days in shop and no end in sight.

This is quality for a brand new vehicle?
It’s very unfortunate. My quality issue luckily remained mostly cosmetic. So far the drivetrain and electronics have been reliable.