Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry to hear of your disappointments with your new Passport. Mine is a 2019 and number 155 off the line. I had only one problem with the center speaker connection either not hooked up or came loose. It prevented the navigation system from "speaking". Perhaps the quality control was better with the early years.
No it seems more hit or miss. I have a early (I don't know number) 2019 and have had at least 3 pretty serious issues so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone know how to fix the wind noise at highway speeds? My 2019 is so loud when driving above 60. My wife usually has to put in her noise canceling earbuds to drown it out. It seriously sounds like a window is cracked but it’s not. This is my only complaint about my car.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,249 Posts
Anyone know how to fix the wind noise at highway speeds? My 2019 is so loud when driving above 60. My wife usually has to put in her noise canceling earbuds to drown it out. It seriously sounds like a window is cracked but it’s not. This is my only complaint about my car.

model?

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
469 Posts
How many current miles do you have on the PP? And did it start from the day you got it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay, what did the dealership say?
They couldn’t find anything of course. I haven’t had time to take it to another dealership yet. I’ve heard rumors about the Elite using the sound deadening glass and that the sport uses a thinner glass on the same door panel. Not sure if that’s the cause or not.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,249 Posts
The Sport does not have the coated windows that the Touring & Elite have, that's my only comment other than there has been at least one owner here that had their door weatherstripping replaces and that solved their issues...

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Touring AWD
33 Posts
I completely agree! My 2021 Honda Passport Touring has been a pile of trash thus far. I have a lot of the same issues as you posted.

The passenger side is build significantly worse than the driver side. Front fender, hood, doors, interior trim pieces all are misaligned and or not fit right with large noticeable gaps.

My sunroof has leaked since the day I owned the car. The dealer said they "adjusted it" yet it still leaks.

My air conditioning sound like a waterfall when on and floods my passenger side floor when on. I believe this led to my ac/heating system not working at all now. It makes a loud grinding noise but nothing comes out of the vents. And due to the water in the floor my interior windows are completely glazed over with condensation every morning. So that plus no working vents makes it almost impossible to drive in the morning.

Honda tells me the bad quality is due the pandemic and that's Unfourtanitly just how it is quality wise. I asked "I think if we are getting half the quality shouldn't we get the car at half the price? " and got a chuckle from the customer service rep. I will never buy a Honda again due to the quality and service I have experienced so far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
FWIW. I got my 2021 Elite on 2 July and have not found any problems with it to date. Almost 10k miles on it already and running fine. Fit and finish seem great and even my next door neighbor a Lexus owner was very complimentary about my PP. He though it was a great machine especially for the price. Anyway, I'm a "Happy Honda Owner." 😁

·
Registered
674 Posts
Our Honda fit & finish, noise & battery lists are smaller than everyone elses', except Toyota.
I miss the days of buying an actual Japanese Import, in the mid $20K price range.

Reactions: PNWGarageDad

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
454 Posts
I have to agree with stevenD a 100% on this one. I purchased my Pasport in October 2019, so at the end of this month it will be 2 years old with 29k miles on it. And the ONLY issue I've had with it was the stereo this summer which the dealer eventually fixed by replacing the amp, head unit, and harness which was a DESIGN issue. There's no rattles, squeaks, visual panel or trim issues inside or out , mechanical, etc.... and trust me I can be OCD when it comes to crap like that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
No it seems more hit or miss. I have a early (I don't know number) 2019 and have had at least 3 pretty serious issues so far.
The last of digits of your VIN indicate the build sequence. Mine is "000155" making it the 155th Passport to come off the aseembly line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
these are more evident coming from Toyota like I did, first Honda , you can feel the difference in quality, don't get my wrong I LOVE my Passport to death, but quality of material and electronics, there's no competition

·
Registered
674 Posts
The last of digits of your VIN indicate the build sequence. Mine is "000155" making it the 155th Passport to come off the aseembly line.
So, if the last six numbers of my VIN are 027668, would my production nu8mber be "666"

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Brother and Father retired from GM. I have always received the family discount. That didn’t matter much as every GM car I owned had problems after the 60,000 miles mark. It got so bad that I was on a first name basis with the GM service department. The Honda Passport is far superior than the Arcadia. I wouldn’t compare GM to Honda in the same sentence. I’ve learned my lessons over the years and when I purchased the Passport I bought a 10 year 120,000 miles warranty for 2,750. The only complaint I have on the Passport is the tires. This SUV is far superior than any GM product. I love my Passport and the way it rides. I’m happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
600 Posts
So, if the last six numbers of my VIN are 027668, would my production nu8mber be "666"
Yours would be the 27,668th Passport produced according to what I once read about decoding a Honda Passsport VIN.
If I'm in error, someone please inform me.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts