Honda Passport Forum banner

Not real satisfied with Hondas customer service.

2414 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ChrisB17
Hi,

About 4 months ago I picked up my new passport. A few issues that I noticed was the body gaps are very uneven the passenger side is a lot worse than the driver side etc.. the hood didn't shut right and a leaky sunroof. Well I took that to the dealer that I bought the car from (80 miles away) and the service manager told me the hood not shutting was just the cheap metal that Honda is using in their cars and its normal. But did tell me multiple people had the same complaint. As for the sunroof they "adjusted and fixed" it and it shouldn't leak.

Well the hood still doesn't shut right, the sunroof still leaks and now I have a piece underneath the glove compartment that completely fell off as I was driving and a loose steering wheel. I contacted Honda multiple times via email, chat and phone and received one call back but couldn't take the call as I was on vacation. I called back again, even live chatted and still haven't heard anything back from Honda regarding these issues and its going on 2 weeks now. I don't want to have to drive 80 miles again for nothing and be without a car (Last time getting a loaner was as bad as pulling teeth)

Just wanted to share this. Love everything else about this car except these stupid issues!
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
It is not just you. Honda service has gone way downhill.
I’ve been dealing with a simple low battery alert for the entire time I’ve had my Passport, (4/2019).
No one from Honda cares and I quit caring as well. They can tow me from a remote random roadstop when my Passport won’t start.
My last car was a GMC Turdrain. And GM's customer service was next to useless but at least they called back. Honda called once and that seems that was it. Very disappointing.
As I stated elsewhere on this forum, (most) people everywhere do not seem to give two shiites about being good at their job anymore. Zero individual pride. Even if everyone else around me sucks, I refuse to do less than my absolute best at everything I do or try. I'm still all about trying to learn something new everyday of my life. It's not just a saying to me, it's a way of life.

I guess that's just how I was raised (in a different era [Gen X]).
Reactions: 5
Maybe see if your state has a lemon law and if so follow the process. I would do it more out of principle than annoyance at the issues. It also may be worth taking it to another dealer. Also tagging companies on social media posts with them not being responsive, also will often get you a response faster. There’s nothing companies hate more than bad press, that often gets them to suddenly care about you.

Service Depts and Salespeople want to work at a "get 'em & get 'em out" job and it's up to the buyer to position themselves, for the worst case scenario, before signing anything.
It's only going to get worse over the next few decades.
Everyone needs to either test drive and walk around several cars, before buying or hire a new car buyer's agent to make the examination. The extra $300 - 500 would be well spent.
I remember my US made Subaru Outback XT in 2008 had fit and finish issues. Which I was shocked about after having such perfect Honda/Acura vehicles as well as a Japanese made Legacy. I’m very suspect of the factory QC on most American manufactured vehicles🤷🏼‍♂️
Reactions: 1
As I stated elsewhere on this forum, (most) people everywhere do not seem to give two shiites about being good at their job anymore. Zero individual pride. Even if everyone else around me sucks, I refuse to do less than my absolute best at everything I do or try. I'm still all about trying to learn something new everyday of my life. It's not just a saying to me, it's a way of life.

I guess that's just how I was raised (in a different era [Gen X]).
True story. I would see that every day in my past work life pre-covid.
Meanwhile I was the one working 18 hours to get things done and literally breaking my back schlepping gear.
Reactions: 1
Still haven't received a call from Honda. I have chatted, called and emailed and still nothing. I have to say I was definitely expecting more from Honda. Disappointing to say the least.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.