95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
DSN46 posted much info and pics in an earlier great thread he started here:

Also had a link to the source & price for the mount
Thank you Penzance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally got the factory tires swapped out. I went with 265/60/18 Nitto Nomad Grapplers. Love these tires. Look good, perform well, very quiet on highway (just a sort of low rumble compared to the OEM tires). Will be taking them off road this summer on a few occasions so I will test them in that arena then.
View attachment 14910
View attachment 14909
View attachment 14911
Any Updates here? Rubbing? I have a 21 Elite & just ordered the Trailsport Wheels…I have these tires on my 20’s & plan to put them on the new wheels also…but was going to go 255 - unless you’ve got not rubbing? Or if you have a lift? Thanks! Great looking ride!

·
Registered
Red 2022 Passport Trailsport
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Any Updates here? Rubbing? I have a 21 Elite & just ordered the Trailsport Wheels…I have these tires on my 20’s & plan to put them on the new wheels also…but was going to go 255 - unless you’ve got not rubbing? Or if you have a lift? Thanks! Great looking ride!
I do have a lift, but the way the geometry of the Passport suspension works, you actually have more chance of rubbing up front when lifted than not. With a 2" lift, Trailsport wheels (obviously), and 265's I don't have any discernable rubbing that is audible or tactile when driving or going over bumps with the wheels locked one way or the other. HOWEVER... when I look closely at the plastic wheel well liners up front, I can detect just a hint of where there has been very slight contact. If that bothers you then stay one size smaller... but... you may not have any contact at all without a lift. The tiny amount of contact that occurs at full wheel lock (left or right) doesn't bother me at all (or hundreds of others who run 265's). I WANT the bigger rubber under me for a myriad of reasons. Hope this helps you decide! Just remember, by once cry once. Get what you REALLY want from the get go. If you are on the fence about it, I say go for the bigger size! :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts