Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What was Honda thinking? Upgraded from 2018 Accord Touring to 2019 Passport Touring. Not only wants to charge me the same $110/yr for HondaLink BUT I cant start my car with the mobile app. WTH is up with that? No remote start with HondaLink. HUGE MISS!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is that the case across all markets or is it specific to region? Can you not just remote start via the key fob?

·
Registered
110 Posts
So you've set it up and confirmed you can't remote start? That's pretty lame.

The 2018-19 Odyssey and Accord have the feature but the Pilot does not, so it isn't too surprising but is dissapointing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any chance that this is something they can address with a software change or retrofit. Seems like an oversight and not something that they would have omitted intentionally..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any chance that this is something they can address with a software change or retrofit. Seems like an oversight and not something that they would have omitted intentionally..
The Pilot owners over on on the Piloteers forum have been waiting a while for the same thing with no sign of an update ever coming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have confirmed this is NOT available ANYWHERE. Heard from corporate...maybe. Yet, we know how that goes. We bought an Accord and considered the Pilot. Loved the the Passport more, until I learned I can't start my car from my office on the 3rd floor. Their answer was...you can start it within range. Unless it is because of the special battery this vehicle has, this is a ROYAL screw up! Still pissed especially with the 4" of snow falling outside currently. The $100/yr without seems like a HUGE waste and certainly overcharging.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can remote start from key fob yet have to be in line of site. If you work in a skyscraper or are shopping and parked way out, this option is worthless.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is highly disappointing. I downloaded the app and registered for the 90 day trial. Indeed, there is no remote start option. Can’t see enough utility beyond the free services to justify $110 a year.

·
627 Posts
So I can’t remote start still through HondaLink that I setup on Monday / was hoping I could by now as maybe they updated this / anyways only options I see are the PSI values per tire and a lock unlock choice - dumb and I’m not paying after the freebie ends in June ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was told that the module used in Pilot/Passport is incompatible with Remote Start and that it cannot be fixed by a software update.

Remote Start seems like the most important feature in Hondalink. It's hard to believe that Honda released a new vehicule without properly supporting it !

·
Registered
168 Posts
What was Honda thinking? Upgraded from 2018 Accord Touring to 2019 Passport Touring. Not only wants to charge me the same $110/yr for HondaLink BUT I cant start my car with the mobile app. WTH is up with that? No remote start with HondaLink. HUGE MISS!!
If it was that important to you why did you buy it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
If it was that important to you why did you buy it?
Honda didn't have an official answer on their site until recently and at least some people have been told by dealers that it would be supported. Dealers told people the same thing about the Pilot and that never happened.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Honda didn't have an official answer on their site until recently and at least some people have been told by dealers that it would be supported. Dealers told people the same thing about the Pilot and that never happened.
I do not trust dealers...Their main aim is to sell you a car and they have no qualms about stretching the truth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I asked my sales person specifically and was told it would be supported. I'm currently looking at 3rd part options.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree the $110/year should be discounted if all the features are not available. I want the remote lock/unlock so I feel forced to pay a ridiculous amount of money for this small feature that is only $49 for Ford app with the remote start.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, wish I knew it wasn't supported. I typically use the FOB to remote start but occasionally had the need to use the Ford app with my 2017 Escape Titanium. Not sure what the $49 fee you speak of was, in the 3 years I used the Ford app I never paid a penny for it. Though it's really disappointing that the Passport can't support it from the app when far older vehicles did. Wonder what the reason for that decision was-- hey we can save $3 by not enabling it for the Passport.

The app is horrible as it is and they really should be embarrassed by it especially calling it v4.0.6. I mean, I've seen far better alpha apps than this so-called 4th major revision. The Ford app was far better 3 years ago and useful from the moment I installed it. Didn't think I'd miss a car app so much but after attempting to use the HondStink app I certainly do. I really like the Passport but each thing they passed on makes it less enjoyable. For instance if you go into the settings and go to camera there's a menu where you choose the camera-- there's only one choice! Obviously they could've added a front and/or 360 camera but chose to save a few bucks leading to a useless menu selection where there's only 1 choice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts