Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I picked up a 19 Passport Elite a few months ago and am hearing a small thump between 6th and 7th gear. I can recreate it by paddle shifting to 6 and letting it automatically shift to 7th.

Will be calling dealer tomorrow but wondering if anyone else heard it. Its very subtle, car shifts fine and all, but i can hear a slight thump. Almost sounds like going over a small pothole.

Wondering if anyone else has a similar issue.

thanks,
Alex...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nothing on my end that I can provide. Sorry.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello all! I picked up a 19 Passport Elite a few months ago and am hearing a small thump between 6th and 7th gear. I can recreate it by paddle shifting to 6 and letting it automatically shift to 7th.

Will be calling dealer tomorrow but wondering if anyone else heard it. Its very subtle, car shifts fine and all, but i can hear a slight thump. Almost sounds like going over a small pothole.

Wondering if anyone else has a similar issue.

thanks,
Alex...
I have the same thump and it has gotten worse. Headed to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did more searching last night and it appears to be something to do with the way the 9 speed works with dog clutch’s. I am also reading that the sound is amplified by the tow package, specifically the atf cooler, which I have. From what I read so far, this maybe normal ?.
Alex...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts