Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L White
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Passport EX—AWD with full tow package. I just purchased 18” Ridgeline wheels for Bridgestone DMV2 snow tires I’ll be purchasing. I’m considering 245/60-18 but wondering if 265/60-18’s will work without rubbing at all. I think I read somewhere that 265’s can rub at full lock and it somewhat dependent upon the brand and type of tire. I may also be changing out to 18” rims for summer tires as well with Michelin Defender LTX tires. My question is the same for this tire too. Below is a pic of the wheels I purchased. Btw, does anyone know where I can get matte black Honda center caps? Thanks

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Automotive design

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would match the original diameter which looks to me like 245.
if this link works it’s a good website to compare tire sizes.
What is full lock?

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L White
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would match the original diameter which looks to me like 245.
if this link works it’s a good website to compare tire sizes.
What is full lock?

Thanks for your input. Full lock is when the steering wheel is turned fully left or right.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you get those on eBay? Pic looks the same as the ones I bought. I bought Norma Honda center caps and just spray painted them matte black myself. Worked great.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think you want snow tires narrower so they cut through the snow/slush. Unless you plan driving on permanent snow then you need to go much wider. I would go with 245.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
454 Posts
If for snow then go 245. I went with 265 because mine are used for year round. Continental Terrain Contacts AT have absolutely no rubbing at full lock.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Billalex70

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L White
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you get those on eBay? Pic looks the same as the ones I bought. I bought Norma Honda center caps and just spray painted them matte black myself. Worked great.
Yes, on eBay where it always says last one left😂. I thought of spraying them too but what about the Honda logo on the cap? I’d like to retain the chrome look of that. I’ll be using the lug nuts that came with the 20” rims, I was told they’re compatible with the Ridgeline rims.

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L White
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If for snow then go 245. I went with 265 because mine are used for year round. Continental Terrain Contacts AT have absolutely no rubbing at full lock. View attachment 12871
When the Conti 20” are worn out, I’ll probably go to 18” on my summer tires too. Are yours 265/60-18”? Thanks for the help, the photo really helps.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl
76 Posts
I got my center caps from Amazon (I'm lazy sorry)...
HERE

·
Registered
454 Posts
When the Conti 20” are worn out, I’ll probably go to 18” on my summer tires too. Are yours 265/60-18”? Thanks for the help, the photo really helps.
Yes the tires are 265/60-18. BTW, the center caps are the standard gloss black like on the 20s. I just popped off the H logo scuffed them up with scothbrite, wiped down with denatured alcohol, sprayed with gray primer and then with matte black rustoleum.

·
Registered
454 Posts
How’s the road noise?
To me their about the same as the OEM 20s. That was one of the main reason for going with this particular tire.

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L White
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes the tires are 265/60-18. BTW, the center caps are the standard gloss black like on the 20s. I just popped off the H logo scuffed them up with scothbrite, wiped down with denatured alcohol, sprayed with gray primer and then with matte black rustoleum.
Oh, so the logo pops off. Paint the caps and put the logo back on I assume.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Oh, so the logo pops off. Paint the caps and put the logo back on I assume.
No the cap is still the stock gloss black, the logo is matte. With the elite model there is some gloss black trim so I thought it be a good blend of the two.

Reactions: Dan S
1 - 15 of 15 Posts