Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchsing a Black Copper Pearl Passport, any thoughts? Haven't seen many out there and like the new color. Thnaks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi there.
I would suggest taking a look at the colour in person. It takes the light hitting it just right for the copper to show. Else it looks black. It's the same with the forest green. I guess why it's Black Copper and not just Copper ;). And for me since I just owned a black car I'm looking for a change. But I do like the colour when the copper shows.

But if it works for you - go for it.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! My wife and I both wanted something different. Everyone has whit black and greys so this might be the one.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Looking at purchsing a Black Copper Pearl Passport, any thoughts? Haven't seen many out there and like the new color. Thnaks
We purchased an Elite PP in late April, a Lunar Silver, mostly to help hide dirt, however, I was really attracted to the forest green color but, as the copper color, frequently looked black.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes, first Pport I test drove was what me and sales-dude thought was black. After parking it in the sunlight, we both noticed the green metallic. Very nice but just too hard to see well.

I've owned Silver/Grey Metallic/White autos last few new ones. Went with Obsidian Blue this time. Very nice but YES, I can see the dirt and water spots on it way too well. But it's nice when clean. :whistle: peace, e.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes, first Pport I test drove was what me and sales-dude thought was black. After parking it in the sunlight, we both noticed the green metallic. Very nice but just too hard to see well.

I've owned Silver/Grey Metallic/White autos last few new ones. Went with Obsidian Blue this time. Very nice but YES, I can see the dirt and water spots on it way too well. But it's nice when clean. :whistle: peace, e.
Hi Ernie, I too had a black SUV, my first one, a black 1991 Mazda Navajo. It looked super when I finished drying it. About, 30 minutes and 5 miles later, it was again, dirty.

·
Registered
168 Posts
HAHA....I too had a 1992 Mazdia Navajo, Blue exterior. Really enjoyed that SUV. Only other blue auto I've owned, I think?

My friend at work first bought the exact same one. He started telling me of the mods it needed and that he'd done. I did the Monroe shock replacement first thing, great, no more "dolphin-ing". I've added aftermarket shocks to quite a few new trucks/SUVs, over time, great investment, IMHO. Not certain if this Passport will need that. Pretty tight ride already.

Also, owned, 2003 Chevy Trailblazer, and 1995 Chevy Camaro-RS. Both black. They were very cool looking autos in that color. But so easy to dirty and so, so very hot here in Houston area. Glad I could only get cloth interior back then. I was much younger and could handle, hand-washing them every weekend.

My blue Touring may see the drive thru car wash often I fear. I'll have to let them hand-wash it now.

@61 I'm much too young, to feel this damn old. LOL.

Take care, peace, e.

·
Registered
913 Posts
HAHA....I too had a 1992 Mazdia Navajo, Blue exterior. Really enjoyed that SUV. Only other blue auto I've owned, I think?

My friend at work first bought the exact same one. He started telling me of the mods it needed and that he'd done. I did the Monroe shock replacement first thing, great, no more "dolphin-ing". I've added aftermarket shocks to quite a few new trucks/SUVs, over time, great investment, IMHO. Not certain if this Passport will need that. Pretty tight ride already.

Also, owned, 2003 Chevy Trailblazer, and 1995 Chevy Camaro-RS. Both black. They were very cool looking autos in that color. But so easy to dirty and so, so very hot here in Houston area. Glad I could only get cloth interior back then. I was much younger and could handle, hand-washing them every weekend.

My blue Touring may see the drive thru car wash often I fear. I'll have to let them hand-wash it now.

@61 I'm much too young, to feel this damn old. LOL.

Take care, peace, e.
Hi Ernie, the Navajo was the last two-door car I owned. I finally got tired of the seat moving each time I/we had friends riding with us. The four-door world awaited us and have never looked back.

As far as keeping our Lunar Silver clean here in Hanover, PA, a friend showed us what he did to stretch out water-based car washes: The California Car Duster. I've used it twice so far and works really well, just be certain to read and heed the use instructions. Recommended.
Ken

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yup, have owned a few of those Cali Car Dusters. At some point I just toss them and buy a new one. I think I will need a couple of new ones for the Passport. I do know how to use them safely. I have a couple lightly used ones hanging in their cases in my garage still. Thanks for that reminder. peace. e

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yup, have owned a few of those Cali Car Dusters. At some point I just toss them and buy a new one. I think I will need a couple of new ones for the Passport. I do know how to use them safely. I have a couple lightly used ones hanging in their cases in my garage still. Thanks for that reminder. peace. e
Final thought on the Duster, I also got a Mini for the dash and interior cleaning. Really works well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts